*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025894-Welcome-February-the-month-of-purification
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2265788
Just a journal for my Keto experience and fitness journey.
#1025894 added February 2, 2022 at 2:21pm
Restrictions: None
Welcome February (the month of purification)
I'm still Ketoing!

Is that even a word? It must be, I'm doing it.

I had a total of 13 pounds vanish in the month of January, not too shabby. I also felt better, had more energy, and all the good stuff. All without feeling like I was starving, and all without all the cravings. Sure, there were a few, mostly towards the beginning, but nothing that haunted my thoughts to the point of insanity; very easily ignored.

But, and there's always a but, the month did not end well. The diet was going well, I was feeling well, and then Mucus Monster came calling. I'm talking about a sinus infection that set in and kind of put a damper on everything. I still followed my macros and kept my calories down, but I wasn't active at all. We know how this works, exercise and activity burn calories and the more you do, the more you get to eat. Inactivity, however, doesn't help anything, and even with a close eye on the calorie intake, I still seemed to creep up a bit. Not bad, but I started the month with an increase of 3 pounds.

Now, with the new month, I'm feeling better, I'm more active, although not quite up to the level I was at before the sinus infection, and hopefully when I weigh in, I'll have them three nasty pounds removed again.

I was reading about the month of February and saw it was in past times, the month of purification. I kind of like this idea, since we just ate our way through Thanksgiving and Christmas, not to mention snacks and drinks for New Year. It seems fitting, that instead of failed resolutions, we bring the new year in right, and then in February, we start our month of purification.

Nothing crazy, although I may do a two-day fast after I fully recover. I've not yet decided on how deeply I'll purify for the month, or what purification actions I'll incorporate, but I'll be thinking on it, doing a bit of research, and maybe next week I'll let you know. By then I should be fully recovered and ready to go.

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.


"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.



© Copyright 2022 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025894-Welcome-February-the-month-of-purification