*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025972-If-you-were-a-car-what-kind-of-car-would-you-be
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2207577
So playing the trombone wasn't getting me in enough trouble?
#1025972 added February 3, 2022 at 4:44pm
Restrictions: None
If you were a car, what kind of car would you be?
So as part of my super-secret, undercover, very temporary, "I even have to wear a suit" assignment, I am doing a series of interviews.

The candidates are all current college students, who are interviewing either to do long-term observations of teachers currently teaching or prospective Student Teachers, who will actually join current teachers and teach classes next semester.

In short, they are all candidates for entry into the teaching profession.

Now, I realize this isn't a real job interview, and I realize that we are talking about students here.

But, there are some tips you need to follow;

The first tip applies universally to almost every job interview.

Dress for the Job You Want.

         Shredded jeans and a tee-shirt are never appropriate for a job interview for any professional position.
         An outfit you'd wear for a night out clubbing is also not appropriate. If it makes the custodian faint, it isn't appropriate.
         If you need to, Shave! Comb your hair! Make an effort to look like you weren't on an all-night bender last night.

Yes, all three showed up this morning.

Next, bring a resume or curriculum vitae, even if it only covers your High School/College career.

         Why? Because I'm more interested in hearing HOW you answer questions than the actual answer. It will be easier on you if I'm asking questions you (hopefully) already know the answers to.

                   If you tell me your favorite hobby is reading, expect me to ask which book you read last for pleasure.
                   Cooking, what's your favorite recipe?

         I want to hear you formulate a cogent, clear answer.

Please don't make me resort to:

If you were a car, what kind of car would you be?

Bring A Pen!!

         You are entering the big leagues now, you shouldn't need to borrow a pen to write things down or fill things out. And you will have to do both.

Prepare questions you will ask me in advance.

         The questions don't have to be profound or even profession-related. Just show me you thought about the interview BEFORE you got here.

                   Where do I park?
                   Is there a place on-site to eat/buy lunch?
                   I have classes in the evening, will I ever have to miss them to perform duties here?

Unless you bring some for all of us, please don't bring food or drink into the interviewer's office. A water bottle is fine, a dry nervous mouth is a problem for everyone.

Practice your handshake or nowadays, your fist bump. Only offer it if the interviewer offers it first.

Last!!!!

Remember, I'm just as nervous and eager to make a good impression as you are. I just have more practice at not showing it than you do.

© Copyright 2022 Richard ~ Shenanigans INC. (UN: brennus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Richard ~ Shenanigans INC. has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1025972-If-you-were-a-car-what-kind-of-car-would-you-be