*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026064-Acapella-Mashup-By-VoicePlay-ft-Rachel-Potter
Rated: 13+ · Book · Music · #2266568
28 songs for the month of February. The soundtrack of my life in 2022.
#1026064 added February 5, 2022 at 11:24pm
Restrictions: None
Acapella Mashup By VoicePlay ft. Rachel Potter
And now for something a little lighter.

Mashup of "I Knew You Were Trouble" / "As Long as You Love Me" by VoicePlay, Featuring Rachel Potter



Anyone who knows me knows I love Acapella music. For those who haven't heard of VoicePlay before, they are one of the best Acapella groups out there (with the exception of Pentatonix, who will also make an appearance on this list at some point). The things they can do with just their vocal chords-- it's mind boggling. Keep in mind as you listen that there are no instruments here. The group consists of Geoff the super bass (front left), Layne the percussionist (front right), Earl the high tenor (back left, no longer in the group), Eli the tenor (back center) and Tony the baritone (back right, also no longer in the group). Together, they have a range of five octaves. They are joined here by Rachel Potter, who is a Broadway star and overall impressive vocalist.

To be perfectly honest, I probably wouldn't listen to either of the original songs on their own. But as an acapella mashup? Yes, please. I love it when mashups are so well done they sound like a completely new song as opposed to two separate songs being sung together. VoicePlay has such tight timing and harmonies that you sometimes can't even tell the individual voices apart. It all comes together into a solid wall of harmonic bliss in the background. They usually include a fun little treat in each video too, like the use of the megaphone. I'd say this is the very definition of "ear candy". Sweet and fun and calorie dense and probably bad for your teeth.

Make sure to brush afterwards!



Anni


© Copyright 2022 Anni Pon (UN: annipon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Anni Pon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026064-Acapella-Mashup-By-VoicePlay-ft-Rachel-Potter