*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1028350-Never-Runs-Dry
Rated: 18+ · Book · Community · #2257034
Birthday Bash Relay. Excited on Second Place! Now for various WDC contests and activities
#1028350 added March 5, 2022 at 3:24am
Restrictions: None
Never Runs Dry
All Words: 544

10.) How did Andre get into the bar business, how did he acquire the Banana Bar?

"it's hot," Bambi said.

"Be patient, dear," replied his mother, a gentle doe with a soothing voice. "We'll reach the water hole soon."

"Why are we going to that water hole? Why not our usual pond?"

His mother smiled. The young always ask questions, and it's up to parents to have the patience to answer.

"The usual pond has dried up," she replied. "It doesn't contain water any more."

"It can't be a pond if it doesn't contain water any more, can it?"

Unknown to the mother and child, someone was listening in to their conversation. It was Andre, quietly up in the trees. Deer are stealthy animals, but monkeys can be stealthier. Besides, nature does not generate alarm bells against friends. From above them, Andre followed Bambi and the doe, eavesdropping shamelessly.

Water. They were talking about water, They needed water and were having to walk a long way for it. They had to expose themselves to their natural predators, and to the most vile predator of all - the human being.

Everyone in the jungle needed to quench their thirst, whatever the season. Why should they be deprived in summer, just because the pond ran dry?

"What if ..." Andre was getting the glimmer of an idea. "What if there could be a place for the animals, a haven where the water never runs dry?"

Thus was the idea for a bar born.

Andre thought over his idea, and then discussed it with his friends. Herbivours, carnivours, omnivours, creatures of the land and creatures of the air ... all agreed that what the jungle needed was a BAR, loaded with drinks which didn't run dry whatever the season.

They got to work.

First, they formed a committee. A core group wit specific tasks and responsibilities Then they formed a working unit - those who carried out the committee's plans.

The elephants helped build. The beavers helped channel the water. The birds were the messengers. Every creature used its unique abilities to contribute to the task.

Soon, the jungle had a bar, and Andre did a flourishing business. He used the profits to expand the bar and take on other things the jungle needed. Within weeks, they had a hospital and an all-creature school and recreation centre.

The creatures were proud of Andre and wanted to honour him. They had a meeting while he was taking a nap.

"How do we show Andre our gratitude?"

"Andre is a monkey, he loves bananas," replied his cousin Josh. "Anything to do with bananas, he'll be happy."

They thought. The idea hit several of them at the same time, and they smiled at each other.

A BANANA BAR!

They'd build Andre a banana bar as a gift, as a token of their gratitude! *Smile*

It was hard to keep it a secret, but they did. Andre didn't suspect anything at all. So when, on his birthday, he was taken to the clearing and caught his first glimpse of his new Banana Bar, he was speechless and then all teary-eyed.

ANDRE'S *Banana* BANANA *Banana* BAR


the sign read

where every visit is fruitful


"Yup," Andre chuckled, pulling his friends into a group hug. "Fruitful, built by my fruitcakes!" *Wink*

© Copyright 2022 THANKFUL SONALI 17 WDC YEARS! (UN: mesonali at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
THANKFUL SONALI 17 WDC YEARS! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1028350-Never-Runs-Dry