*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1028710
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by C. Don
Rated: 18+ · Book · Scientific · #2262478
Just stuff I thought of while getting a little exercise.
#1028710 added March 25, 2022 at 10:52pm
Restrictions: None
Fickle Snow
         Yesterday I started my walk just as the snow started. Temp was about 29°F, but no wind. Soft, fuzzy, flakes, most were maybe a half inch big, and less than a foot apart. The sky was bright, clouded, but as the snow fell past the distant, dark evergreens, I could see what the term 'countless' means. The scene was mesmerizing.
         Half an hour later, when I returned home, the walk and driveway way were just starting to turn white.
         By morning there was four inches built up. It took 90 minutes to shovel most of the soft stuff off.
         The sun came out and finished the job by raising the temp to 50°F . By 16:00 there was no trace of the work I did in the morning.
         Maybe that's what life is really about. We work hard at what we think is necessary, but in the end, nothing is left but the memories of the beauty we were fortunate to experience.

         So, this afternoon, my wife asked to walk with me. Much slower, arm in arm, with our walking sticks hobbling around the remaining piles of melting slush left by the plows last night. Clear blue sky today.
         A neighbor, out walking too, said Hi as she passed, and the cars move over to give us birth as they go by and wave.
         It's not spring yet, but life is easy with my love beside me, a big over cheesed pizza, and a tankard of craft beer waiting for supper.
         I wonder if all those refugees of Ukraine will ever have it as good as this?

© Copyright 2022 C. Don (UN: huntemann at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
C. Don has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1028710