*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1029144-A-Man-Out-of-Time
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2253657
Maybe meandering, possibly peripatetic and indisputably irregular.
#1029144 added March 20, 2022 at 2:01pm
Restrictions: None
A Man Out of Time
Bonus Prompt: What happened at Adherennium's Birthday in the Banana Bar?
What did Andre give Adherennium for his birthday?


I think I just have time to set the record straight on what really happened at my birthday bash at the Banana Bar. Except, well it is still a bit of a blur to be honest. I know it was only a couple of days ago, but it's all sort of hazy in my mind. I do know that there were a lot of banana rums involved. Oh, I remember telling Andre about cooking bananas on a grill till the skin turns black, then serving them hot with ice cream. Pretty sure we tried that, and added rum to it for some reason. They turned out well though, and were quite popular. Side note, you'll always find me in the kitchen at parties, cooking is one of my things you know.

There was a lot of dancing, in fact I'm pretty sure I danced with everyone. In particular, I do remember dancing with Schnujo is Late to Lannister to Christina Aguilera's Candyman, and I only trod on her foot twice!!



Later I seem to recall doing the Charleston with Rhymer Reisen , that was a blast, and though I do say it myself I looked great in a flapper outfit. Smart beard and pearls, what a combination!

When things quietened down a bit, I sat with Andre a while, making notes for his biography. I found the binding contract on my desk this morning, with a few bananary fingerprints and at least one dried rum splash. I'd better get typing, the first draft's due April 1st.

People kept buying me drinks,fortunately I'd learned a trick or two reading Terry Pratchett. I had several hot water bottles secreted about my personage, and they were all filled. I was sloshing, but not sloshed, an important distinction. It was a good plan. People kept buying me drinks even after the bottles were filled. Obviously I couldn't offend anyone.

I lost count of exactly how many I did drink, but when I ran out I was surprised to find that I had several hot water bottles full of banana rum secreted about my personage, clever stuff eh!

Being the generous host he is, Andre offered to get me a birthday present, and asked what I'd like. This was tricky as I don't especially like presents for the sake of it, so I asked if I could fulfil one of my life's ambitions, and DJ for a night. Andre said that would be okay, and made a note on his calendar, (the note said "Adh = DJ. Increase rum order for night". I'm booked for April 1st, it's going to be a very interesting play list, make sure you come along.

Thanks Andre for a great birthday party.


So there you have it, just a couple of nights ago I was partying, and admittedly I felt a little delicate afterwards. I must have been crazy drunk, because I changed my calendars so they all show it to be the middle of March.

Word Count: 491

© Copyright 2022 Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness (UN: adherennium at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1029144-A-Man-Out-of-Time