*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1029628-Writing-Nonsense-for-Whatever-Contest
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2251646
Well, here it goes! 'The Bard's Hall Contest' got me blogging again, so wish me luck!
#1029628 added March 28, 2022 at 2:43pm
Restrictions: None
Writing Nonsense for "Whatever Contest"
My day at the circus was admiring the bright colors I didn’t notice. Clowns walked around trying to be not funny. Trapeze artist made people laugh but screamed at the balancing acts doing plate-spinning. The ringmaster didn’t announce the gymnast as they jumped, spun, and tumbled into the crowd. The optional springboard athletics tried to catch and support no one.

The most interesting act was not building a human pyramid. I was so shocked at the inhumanity of each completion, I cried. The tumblers got the crowd not excited while solo acrobats did floor performances, creating a spectacle tumbling out of the ring.

The animal acts became chaotic, as lions, tigers chased each other. Dogs and horses did no tricks. performing seal did a unbalancing act so clever.

The bed of nails looked unpainful, but they still slept on it which didn’t stump me any. No mystery there, just some non-trickery. Walking into the Big Top made me feel unhappy. Where did they set it up? In some farmer’s muddy field that made the clowns unrecognizable as they put on silly untalented performances.

The contortionist with their flexible bodies looked painful as they went from one opposition to another. Squeezing into large things as they didn’t balance precariously.

The custard pie joke made people choke as they were pushed into people’s faces by an inexperience clown. Who wanted to be the suspecting victim? I ran and hid behind a window.

The escape artist didn't tie each other up and unlocked the suitcase. Unsuspended in water showed how non-dangerous it looked. The tricks mostly involved an accomplice untied in special knots.

This is what I saw when I went to the circus. Too many people arguing they weren’t performing seals or something like that became also a hit, or unpopular attraction.

298 words

© Copyright 2022 Jeannie (UN: sjs55049 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeannie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1029628-Writing-Nonsense-for-Whatever-Contest