*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1029690-The-Final-Five-Days---Day-3
Rated: 13+ · Book · Comedy · #2249293
The Banana Blog
#1029690 added March 29, 2022 at 3:31pm
Restrictions: None
The Final Five Days - Day 3


Today's blog challenge is to write: A (your choice) proverb describing these days of your own.
You may be inspired to write about folklore in addition to your proverb or instead of a proverb.
Have fun with the borrowed time.


I've heard, as have we all, 'in like a lion, out like a lamb' in describing March. Just yesterday here in my part of Montana it was 75° then overnight the barometer took a dive, the temperature dropped and a few raindrops fell. Now it is 35°.

We don't even think of planting anything outside here until after Mother's Day, or even Father's Day most years. Many have greenhouses to start seeds. I have two friends who start plants for us, then we transplant fully grown plants for our short growing season, at best 6 weeks.

So, I did an internet search on weather proverbs.

Of course, most have heard this one from the Bible: Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 states: To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; a time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

The lyrics were written by Pete Seeger and made popular by The Byrds.

Also, there is a French Proverb: "So many mists in March, so many frosts in May."

Some other March-related weather lore from the Farmer's Almanac:
A dry March and a wet May; Fill barns and bays with corn and hay.
As it rains in March, so it rains in June.
March winds and April showers, Bring forth May flowers.

Is’t on St. Joseph’s day (19th) clear,
So follows a fertile year;
Is’t on St. Mary’s (25th) bright and clear,
Fertile is said to be the year.

Enjoy Spring. I like all the flowers and return of the birds.



new signature 2021



Signature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1029690-The-Final-Five-Days---Day-3