*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1030091-322-324
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2243707
Welcome to my blog: I intend to share heartfelt writing about anything that comes to mind.
#1030091 added April 4, 2022 at 10:37pm
Restrictions: None
3/22-3/24
picture for forum

March 22
prompt
Proverbs 1:7
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Explain this verse in your own words.

Fools think the know everything and don't need instruction. they don't like receiving instruction. They tend to be sensitive when someone thinks they are foolish because they don't see themselves that way.

On the other hand, those who fear God will love instruction and knowledge. They will seek after it. They desire wisdom. They fear God with a reverential fear and don't want to offend God.

March 23
prompt
Proverbs 1:8-9
8 My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother:
9 For they shall be an ornament of grace unto thy head, and chains about thy neck.

In your own words, describe what this means to you.

I think the chains about the neck refer to boundaries. When we have good boundaries, grace rests upon us like an ornament. If we have good parents, they will teach us good manners and boundaries.

March 24
prompt
Proverbs 1:10-19
10 My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.
11 If they say, Come with us, let us lay wait for blood, let us lurk privily for the innocent without cause:
12 Let us swallow them up alive as the grave; and whole, as those that go down into the pit:
13 We shall find all precious substance, we shall fill our houses with spoil:
14 Cast in thy lot among us; let us all have one purse:
15 My son, walk not thou in the way with them; refrain thy foot from their path:
16 For their feet run to evil, and make haste to shed blood.
17 Surely in vain the net is spread in the sight of any bird.
18 And they lay wait for their own blood; they lurk privily for their own lives.
19 So are the ways of every one that is greedy of gain; which taketh away the life of the owners thereof.

What can we learn from these verses? How can we apply this to our own life?

Don't go with people who get into mischief, cheat, steal, and kill. This is to protect ourselves from getting caught up in mischief with them. This kind of lifestyle will end up destroying their own lives in the end. Consider the lifestyle of a gang banger. They end up usually dead or in prison unless God intervenes and changes their life. When you are greedy of gain, you will pay for it in the end.


© Copyright 2022 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1030091-322-324