*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1030191-Chapter-19---Setting-Up-The-Future
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Sui
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #2265174
A new generation of the Werewolf King and his mate, The Avatar of the Moon begins to rise
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1030191 added April 6, 2022 at 12:48pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 19 - Setting Up The Future
Sebastian and Tiberius watched as Nicole held her head in her hands, repeatedly saying no. They both knew the Desert Pea pack would not survive for long if Nicole was to ascend to Luna status in her current state. Tiberius mind linked Sebastian on what he needed to do.

The King's Writ is a verbal command on any wolf that holds the wolf accountable to change or suffer the consequences. Korelan typically documents the Writ so there is a record should we need to revisit them. Tiberius explained. I've already mind linked Korelan so that he is aware he will have to document this one.

So how do I perform a King's Writ?
Sebastian planted a kiss on Ember's head. He knew she was frustrated at the current situation and wanted to help soothe her frustrations as much as he could.

You need Ember to release the power of the moon. You may have some of the newly of age wolves involuntarily shift in response to her doing that but they should be fine. Draw the power through you like as if you are drinking in the power of the full moon. When you direct it out, direct it through your voice and preface what you are about to say by stating you are placing a King's Writ on Nicole.

Sebastian thought for a moment before he responded. I wanted to run this by you. I want to place the binding for her to learn, understand, and accept the history and learn how they are related to the pack laws. She will not be able to access her ability as a Luna nor will she be able to take over the pack until this has happened.

And what will happen if that doesn't happen?
Tiberius asked gently. Let's say Nicole doesn't accept the history and is adamant about attacking Ember and pursuing you. What will be the result?

Then she will be demoted to an Omega and I'll leave the choice of what her father wants to do to him. I heard his Luna might be pregnant again but I don't have confirmation of that. Also, it places the succession in her father's hands rather than mine.

Tiberius nodded smiling at Sebastian's suggestions. There is no set time to do the King's Writ so whenever you're ready.

Sebastian nodded and leaned down to kiss the top of Ember's head again. "My love, can you release the power of the moon for me?"

Ember looked up at him confused before smiling widely. "Of course, darling." She closed her eyes and relaxed back against him. The room began to buzz with the intensity of a full moon. Several wolves shifted and one howled as if they were underneath the moon itself. Sebastian closed his eyes and took in Ember's scent deeply. He imagined drawing in the power of the moon as he inhaled her scent. After a few deep breaths, he opened his eyes again to reveal golden iris'.

Focusing the power through his voice, he spoke firmly. "I will be placing a King's Writ on you Future Luna Nicole of the Desert Pea pack." Nicole sobbed and pleaded with him to stop. He continued on, raising his voice over hers. "A binding is placed on you. You are required to learn, understand, and accept wolf history. You are to be able to understand how our history affects the pack laws. Your abilities as Future Luna will be sealed until this has been accomplished. This includes your ability to take over the pack. This binding will release on its own if and when you have completed the conditions attached to it. Should you never learn, by the day a new Alpha or Luna takes over from your father, you will be demoted to an Omega. Your father, Alpha Cole, is given full choice on who he wishes to succeed him if this situation occurs."

Only Korelan's fast writing and Nicole's sobs could be heard in the ballroom. Ember released her hold on the power of the moon after waiting a while to make sure Sebastian wasn't going to add anything more.

"Please take it back," Nicole fell to her knees as she sobbed heavily. "Please take it back. I won't bother you or Ember again. Please."

Sebastian shook his head and looked at Alpha Cole. The Alpha seemed shocked at what had occurred but a tiny part of him was pleased. Nicole had not been displaying the traits a future Luna should have and also had been a constant source of embarrassment for him because of her behaviour. He had tried everything from private tutors to harsh punishments to try and get her to change and be the Luna he knew she could be but none of them had any success. Only this writ now forced her to learn and understand or lose her title completely.

"Thank you, Your Majesty," he said softly. Nicole was pulling on his shirt, begging him to ask him to change his mind. "Avatar, I do apologise for what happened."

"No need to apologise, Alpha Cole," Ember replied warmly. "Is Luna Lumilia around?"

"I'll call her for you. She isn't too far away," Alpha Cole replied. His mate had been resting after once again having disappointing news that she was not pregnant. He had hoped to let her rest for the night.

"The Moon Goddess has advised me on the news you both received last night," Ember said softly. "We can go to her if she isn't feeling up to coming down to the ballroom."

"That would be greatly appreciated," Alpha Cole replied. Nicole, seeing her father not even trying to defend her, got up and ran from the ballroom sobbing loudly. Alpha Cole let out a loud sigh before adding, "Will you kindly follow me?"

Sebastian and Ember nodded. Tiberius declined, stating that he would remain in the ballroom. Alpha Cole accepted and led them upstairs and to his hotel room. Luna Lumilia was sitting at a small dining setting waiting for them. She stood and bowed to both Sebastian and Ember before sitting once again.

"The Moon Goddess wanted me to place this within you if you are willing," Ember produced a small glowing orb and held it between Luna Lumilia and herself. "This orb is a wolf spirit who is ready to return to the human world. If I place this orb within you, it will guarantee that your next attempt will be successful."

Luna Lumilia looked at Alpha Cole, who nodded encouragingly before she looked back to Ember. After bursting into tears, she cried "Yes! We've been wanting another pup for so long."

Ember stood and motioned for Luna Lumilia to do so as well. Gently, she held the orb in one hand and pressed it to Luna Lumilia's abdomen. She waited until the orb was fully absorbed before stepping back. She didn't get far before Luna Lumilia pulled her into a hug.

"It's ok," Ember soothed. She gently stroked the Luna's back and smiled. "Please be careful. While you do have this orb, you are still at risk of the usual harms that can come to you while you are pregnant." Everyone could sense Ember's meaning. If Nicole knew her mother was pregnant again, she may try to harm her in order to force her to lose the baby. Both Alpha Cole and Luna Lumilia sadly knew that their daughter had a high likelihood of doing this to ensure the Luna title could only go to her.

Once the two she-wolves sat back down again, Sebastian asked softly "Have you considered what to do if Nicole doesn't learn? Or even in the event that she does and the binding comes off, have you considered whether it is worth having her as future Luna?"

Luna Lumilia looked confused. Ember quickly filled her in on what had been happening over the past few days and the culmination of it earlier in the ballroom. The Luna looked shocked and saddened that her daughter could act in such a way and was thankful to Sebastian for placing the binding on her.

"Currently, I am of the opinion that my next pup will be the future Alpha or Luna," Alpha Cole replied tiredly. "We had tried everything before this to get Nicole to change and be more responsible but all of our attempts have failed. I will have to see how she reacts to the bind and whether she tries to change. She will have about eighteen to twenty years before our next pup will be old enough to take over. In my opinion that is more than enough time for her to show her intentions." He looked over to Sebastian. "Will I know if the binding comes off?"

"You will," Sebastian replied with a nod. "When you see her again, pay attention to her aura. She will no longer exude the aura of a Luna or even the aura of a ranked she-wolf. Her aura will be more on par with a normal pack wolf so she will feel stronger than an Omega. When the binding breaks, her ranked wolf aura will return."

"Thank you again, Your Majesty," Alpha Cole gave Luna Lumilia a cheeky grin. "I believe I have some business to attend to with my Luna."

Sebastian let out a loud chuckle before replying "We will take our leave then." The pair showed Ember and Sebastian out. Sebastian kissed the top of her head before whispered "I feel like having to attend some business with you as well, my love,"

Ember gave him a playful smack on the arm before whispering back. "Horn dog."

"Of course I am," he chuckled. "But only for you. I still need to give you your birthday present." Ember giggled as he nuzzled his nose into her neck affectionately. A scent tickled his nose. A scent he only smelt until now whenever they had intimate time together. His head shot up in surprise before looking down. Ember nodded confirming his suspicions.

Sebastian quickly guided her down one floor and to their hotel room. He locked the door behind him and watched as Ember took her time removing her clothes. Griffin was leaping around in his head, excited to finally meet his mate.

Ember's energy steadily rose causing her to crouch down before lying fully on the ground. Her body ached all over like as if she had run a marathon. She whined lightly at Sebastian.

He sat down near her head and brushed her hair. "It gets easier with time, my love. The first time is always the hardest." He watched as white fur began to sprout along her arms and hands. "Let Glacier come through."

Ember closed her eyes and searched for Glacier in her mind. It's about time, girl! Glacier reprimanded. I've been wanting to shift since midnight. Human schedules always seem to interrupt the natural order of things.

Then what are you waiting for? Ember asked sassily back. A formal invitation?

WOO! Alrighty! Gonna go quick. Hold on to whatever you can. Before Ember could even process what Glacier had said, she shifted. All done! Ember could see herself in the mirror through Glacier's eyes. She was a smaller but completely opposite wolf to Sebastian. Her fur was a soft moonglow white with a small black patch in the centre of her forehead. Glacier looked up at Sebastian and yipped before tugging on his clothes with her teeth. I want to see my mate!

Sebastian took a deep breath and revelled in Ember's apple cinnamon and vanilla scent. Her wolf was finally fully awake and present. Eagerly, he stripped down and shifted. Griffin licked Glacier's muzzle and continued to groom her, making sure her wolf was completely claimed by him before he got down to claiming this white wolf all for himself.

***


Tiberius offered to take Sebastian, Ember, the Knights, the Avatars, and their parents home on the royal jet. He watched Sebastian carefully as the young King boarded and took a seat with Ember in a small booth to the back. He sat with the Alphas and Lunas who took up the middle two booths together.

Alpha Marcus' eyes looked to where Tiberius was watching and raised an eyebrow as Sebastian almost completely engulfed Ember's petite frame into a hug before kissing her deeply. "Something on your mind?" he asked looking back at Tiberius.

"I'm wondering if his instincts as King have superseded his instincts as a wolf yet," Tiberius replied softly. "His instincts as a wolf would be telling him to mate with Ember and get her pregnant since he's eighteen. But the King's instinct doesn't have that as neither King nor Avatar is able to sire any pups."

"So then what instinct would he be having now?" Alpha Alexius asked joining into the conversation. His mind briefly drifted to the she-wolf still locked in the dungeons claiming to be with child by his son. "Because Sebastian definitely was driven by his wolf instinct before. Whenever they were both home, Sebastian would rarely let them out of their bedroom."

"Too much information, Alexius," Alpha Marcus said with a mild whine in his voice. "That is my little girl remember?"

Alpha Alexius and Tiberius chuckled. "Well, his instinct would drive him to do the same thing but for a different reason. The Avatar and the King have a very symbiotic existence. They both balance and centre each other. He would probably be driven to balance the magic within her because of the amount of magic Ember had to use earlier."

All three thought back to the steps of the Regale Hotel. Ember had used both lightning and hail magic on both Nicole and Baylen.

Baylen had decided to try just once more to coax her to him, prompting Ember to make a bolt of lightning strike right between them. The smell of his singed hairs made many wolves gag. Tiberius had been notified by his personal guards that Baylen had decided to try one last time since he had "already offended the King so it couldn't get any worse than what it was". Sebastian had enough restraint to only pick him up and throw him down the stairs. Ember's soothing stopped him from chasing after and ripping the wolf's head off.

Nicole, on the other hand, tried to attack Ember again in the hopes to threaten her to remove the King's Writ. She was thrown backwards into a pillar by Ember's shield. Before Sebastian could respond, Ember had caused hail to rain down onto Nicole. The pained cries and howls told everyone that Ember was not a meek Avatar like the majority of her predecessors. She was almost a mirror image of Elmira, Avatar to the first Werewolf King, who ensured her point was always painfully made.

Sebastian growled in frustration. His growl drew everyone's attention to him. Ember was gently patting his back as he had his head buried against her neck. Her head and hands were really all anyone could see of her as the rest has covered or blocked by Sebastian's back.

"The royal plane has a back room if you need it," Tiberius commented with a slight smile. "Your instincts are going to get worse if you ignore them. " Sebastian growled again in response. "I guess this answers my question. Your wolf instincts wouldn't have activated now but your ones as King would be."

"I don't like being told after shit happens," Sebastian growled again in frustration. "You know this shit is going to happen. I don't." He picked Ember up and turned to face Tiberius. "I feel like I have another voice in my head aside from Griffin and Fenrir but this one is driving me nuts!"

"Go settle it and then we'll talk," Tiberius replied calmly, pointing him towards a cabin door further down the plane. "The Royal Plane has everything the royal couple will need, including a place to deal with those pesky instincts."

Sebastian held Ember tightly and almost all but barrelled in through the cabin door. Once it clicked shut again, Tiberius chuckled lightly. "I'm restricted by what I can tell him ahead of time. He'll come to understand that soon."

***


Once arriving at Sydney Airport, Ember used her magic to cover Sebastian's royal aura and cast glamour over Tiberius. They agreed that this week was only to settle the loose ends that were still remaining in the four packs before they officially took their positions at the palace. They didn't want people petitioning Sebastian once it was known that Tiberius was no longer King. The Council of Elders had returned to the Holy City on Moon Island to prepare for their arrival.

Why didn't my instincts freak out on me again when she used magic? Sebastian asked Tiberius through their mindlink. I thought it would have been at me to balance her magic again.

Because you have done that already. Tiberius replied with a slight smile on his face. You won't be prompted each time she uses magic but if you leave it for too long, like several days, then your instincts will be at you again. What Ebony and I use to do was to have some intimate time before sleeping at night and also on waking in the morning. My instincts remained quiet for the most part with this. The only time they became insistent was when she had to use large amounts of magic from supporting a deep dive with the other Avatars or other larger magical workings.

So then no change to what Ember and I already do.
Sebastian smirked. We got into that pattern quite quickly after we marked each other. Ember seems to like it since she always responds to me when I initiate. He kept his arm around Ember's waist while they walked through the airport to where the four Betas were waiting to take them all to their respective packs. Tiberius was going to follow Alpha Alexius and Sebastian back to the Shadow Runners pack to help coordinate from there.

That reminds me. Tiberius said slowly. If Ember ever initiates with you. Make sure you are aware of why. Sometimes she will initiate because she wants to. But sometimes her instincts will call on her to initiate to fortify your strength because something big is coming. She might not know what but she will be able to tell you it's her instincts driving her rather than her own wish to have some fun.

So Ember has her own instincts
? With his attention on Tiberius, Sebastian trusted Ember to guide him through without running into anything. Her soft giggle, however, made him wonder if she was thinking about pranking him. He gave her a kiss on the top of her head with a soft request not to let him run into anything too hard. She looked back at him and gave a very small, wry smile.

Tiberius chuckled in response to their interaction and added. They aren't as annoying as yours are but they do appear when the Moon Goddess can see something that requires you to be apart from her and will require you to use your physical strength for an extended period. Since we potentially have a creature war approaching, Ember initiating due to her instincts will be a big hint for you that it's very close.

They both focused back on their surroundings. Sebastian let out a yelp to find that he was almost about to run into his father. Giving a little growl of amusement, he turned to tickle Ember. Her peals of laughter caused everyone in their group to laugh along at her almost successful prank on him.

Alpha Alexius shook his head and returned to talking to the other three Alphas to notify them of the gathering that Sebastian and Ember had requested and who they needed to bring with them from their packs. Part of him was sad that he wouldn't be able to spend more time with Ember and his son. The two had breathed life into the packhouse with their very open affection for each other.

***


Caius was having trouble watching Sebastian and Ember. It was almost like they were attached with glue. Where one was, the other was also surely there. He had lost count of how many times he had found Sebastian with Ember in his arms waiting for him. She would be nuzzling him with her head under his chin or drawing patterns with her fingers on his chest. He knew Tiberius had said their need to be touching each other would ease eventually but he felt that they had barely any space to breathe when being this close.

Sighing, he dropped down onto a nearby chair and waited for all the other guests to arrive. The grand hall of the packhouse that was used for significant events was decorated with little else but seats that lined the walls. Violet had one of his hands in her lap and was gently drawing patterns on the back of his hand to try and soothe his frustrated thoughts. She also had the same opinion as Caius but she also knew that once they were in the palace and both were surrounded by the ancient magic, their need to be close wouldn't be so constant... It was just a matter of time.

Toby had shown her that the ancient magics of the Avatars joining with Ember would quench the need to draw her strength from him and also help him feel more at ease that she was safe. The thought of the palace marvelled her. The entire island was created by the Mood Goddess to house the King. Over time, the island became developed with a palace at the heart and a sprawling city where families of the Royal Guard, as well as other servants, lived. She couldn't wait to arrive there and begin the next part of her life as Avatar of the Present.

Rita glanced sidelong at Raven. He held her in his lap and had his chin rested on her shoulder. Both had become curious about how the palace functioned despite being hidden in the Pacific Ocean. They learned about the portals and the old tradition of the Avatar opening the portals on a full moon to allow wolves through to petition the King. They knew it had been almost seventeen years since the previous Avatar, Ebony, had passed away. They discovered that this time was known as the "Eclipse Mourning" where no one could petition the King for anything until the new Avatar re-awakens the palace with her presence. Tiberius had been more active than the past Kings as he could now rely on modern technology to fly to locations he was needed but couldn't function at full capacity without Ebony.

Ember yawned and lifted her head up to attempt to kiss the underside of Sebastian's jaw. She giggled lightly when she could only reach his neck. He had lifted his head up to tease her a little before lowering it again to rest his chin on her head. Ember let out a little annoyed note before looking up to try to catch the underside of his jaw again.

Sebastian chuckled and kissed her on the nose before giving her a kiss on the lips. Without breaking their kiss, he sat down and pulled Ember onto his lap so she was facing him. Her legs were straddled over his lap. He pulled her tightly to him and lightly pinched her side earning him a small yelp from her allowing him to deepen their kiss. Ember gave him a smack on the shoulder before allowing herself to be swept away by his dominance.

This was how Tiberius and the other adults found them. They waited patiently until Alpha Alexius cleared his throat quite loudly. Sebastian unwillingly pulled away from Ember and guided her head down to rest on his shoulder while he looked at them with mild amusement. He knew Ember's cheeks were probably burning a bright red from being seen by all of them.

"I can't help it if I'm wanting a little apple cinnamon and vanilla treat before we start," he said dismissively. Ember sat up quickly and gave him another smack on the shoulder. He gave her a little kiss on the nose in response. "My toffee apple can wait until later." Ember's expression was a mixture of amusement and embarrassment at him using his scent as innuendo.

"Let's hope I don't bite it later then for embarrassing me," she said, her demeanour now matching his dismissiveness. "I always bite hard treats."

All the wolves in the room shivered involuntarily at the thought of their mate biting them there. Alpha Alexius coughed again and raised an eyebrow. "I don't think your parents or your brother is too happy with the visual you just gave them Ember."

She shrugged and closed her eyes. The room began to vibrate with lunar energy prompting Sebastian, the Knights, and the Avatars to all stand. Silver shimmer flooded the room and made its way into every nook and cranny it could find, sealing the room from outside influence. She turned around and stood on her tiptoes to give Sebastian a kiss before whispering, "Sebastian."

He growled lightly at her before his eyes flicked to gold and his royal aura flowed out of him. All the adults except the four Alphas and their mates stared in shock at what had happened. Everyone in the room knew he was the future Alpha for the Shadow Runners but had not expected to find out that he was the new King. Ember flicked her hand out at Tiberius and removed his glamour as well. He moved to stand near Sebastian and Ember in silent acknowledgement that what they were feeling was real.

Sebastian stood tall, his aura making him slightly imposing, and looked back at the remaining adults. "The Moon Goddess is aware that her selection of the court for this generation would leave significant gaps to the leadership of the four packs and so she has made a plan which will be put into motion now."

While he spoke, Ember knelt down and placed a hand on the ground. Before her, two baskets began to appear. One basket contained orbs similar to the orb she had given Luna Lumilia at the Alpha Ball. The other basket contained sheathed daggers with a silver silhouette of a wolf howling stamped on the sheath.

She stood and looked at everyone with silver eyes. "I am aware that my mate is the eldest collectively amongst your children and that I am the youngest," She stepped lightly to the other Avatars and held Toby's hand. "Let's rewind time." She turned her back to the adults and linked her other hand with Rita.

The wind whipped up around the adults. They shielded their eyes and held onto their clothes as errant winds snatched at them. When the winds died down, new amazement began to emerge. Sebastian and the Knights chuckled at the look their parents were giving them. Time had literally been rewound. All the adults now looked to be in their twenties instead of being in their late thirties to early forties.

Ember turned back to look at them once more and smiled. "You are all now able to nurture the next generation without fear of being too old to handle what life may throw at you." She walked back to the baskets and raised a hand over each. An orb and a dagger both rose and hovered just under her palms, waiting for her to hold onto them.

"When I call to you, please step forward," Sebastian said softly. His eyes were gently and grateful for all the adults had done for them while they were growing up. Taking a deep breath, "Alpha Alexius and Luna Rias of the Shadow Runners pack and parents to me, the current Werewolf King."

They stepped forward. Luna Rias hugged Sebastian tightly and whispered words of encouragement and love in his ear before stepping back. Alpha Alexius gave him a hug as well and a pat on the back. They watched as Ember moved from behind the baskets with the orb and dagger now hovering over her palms.

"Luna Rias," She softly guided the orb to the Luna's belly. "This is a wolf spirit. It guarantees the next heat you have will be fruitful with a pup. This pup will be the future Alpha of the Shadow Runners pack." She waited until the orb was absorbed into Luna Rias before stepping over to Alpha Alexius. She placed the dagger into his hands. "This dagger is bound to your family and will vanish upon Sebastian's passing. Keep it safe. If you ever need the assistance of the crown, bring this with you to verify who you are." She swept her hand to guide the Alpha and Luna to another spot opposite where the remainder of the adults stood.

"Alpha Marcus and Luna Rebekah of the Dark Moon pack," Sebastian called, watching the pair step forward. "Parents to both Ember, the Avatar of the Moon and Caius, the Knight of the Present."

Luna Rebekah suddenly gasped realising that both her children would be leaving her. Tears flowed heavily down her face. Alpha Marcus gently hugged her, patting her back comfortingly. Ember approached them with what looked like twin orbs and a pair of daggers. "Being parents to two of the King's court, the Moon Goddess has blessed you with twin orbs." Luna Rebekah looked down at her daughter and watched as both orbs entered her body. "Mum, they should be spaced apart in age just like how Caius and I were. The Moon Goddess knows you've always wanted a little girl who you could go through all the motions of mating, weddings, and children with. You can't with me but you will be able to with my sister." Luna Rebekah latched onto her bawling her eyes out. Ember glanced at her Dad and handed him the pair of daggers. He nodded at her stoically with understanding before he guided his still sobbing Luna to Caius who comforted her.

Sebastian took a deep breath. He could feel there would be a lot more tears before this was over. "Beta Scott and Beta Lindsey of the Dark Moon pack," He could already see the tears forming in Beta Lindsey's eyes. "Parents to Violet, Avatar of the Present." Ember presented them with the orb and dagger and guided them to Violet where Beta Lindsey completely broke down into tears.

"Alpha Arazel and Luna Kagome of the Deep Water pack. Parents to Raven, Knight of the Past," Both Alpha and Luna appeared to be keeping their emotions in check but they weren't fooling Raven. He could see his mother was very close to breaking down. He waited until Ember presented them with the orb and dagger before spreading his arms wide with a gentle smile. Luna Kagome lost all pretence and dove into his arms to quietly cry.

"Gamma Noel and Gamma Nemia of the Shadow Runners pack. Parents to Rita, Avatar of the Past." Rita sat with an empty chair on either side of her. She knew her parents wouldn't cry with so many people around but would still want to be near her. She knew in the coming days she would need to visit them so they could let go of her properly before she went to the palace. She watched them receive their blessings from the Moon Goddess before joining her.

"Alpha Lucas and Luna Flora of the Poison Fang pack. Parents to Logan, Knight of the Future." Logan stood nervously waiting for his parents. He had surprised them on many levels over the past few months, the first of which was revealing that he was gay and had a male mate. He knew they were pushing him hard to be the best future Alpha he could be but he could also feel their concern that he wouldn't be able to provide an heir for the next Alpha after him. He smiled encouragingly at them as they approached him. They wouldn't have to worry about the new future Alpha. He felt certain that their lineage would continue.

"Healers Loam and Oceana of the Deep Water pack. Parents to Toby, Avatar of the Future." Toby bounced on his toes. His parents always told him to strive higher and not let anyone get him down. They knew about his orientation and told him that they loved him no matter what he wanted to do, believe, or who he chose to love. He knew he was going to miss them dearly when he left for the palace. As soon as they were within arms reach, he was unable to control himself. Tears rolled down his face as the three of them sat on the floor huddled together.

Ember looked at the last two adults standing before her. Sebastian sighed softly. "Beta Daniel and Beta Abbey. Your situation is more unique than the rest of the adults here. The Moon Goddess has deemed that because your daughter coveted me and tried to kill Ember, there would be no saving her. She wishes to offer you a second chance to raise the future Beta of the Shadow Runners pack," Ember extended the final orb towards Beta Abbey.

"Chelsea rejected her true mate," Ember whispered quietly. "Remember the wolf that was found torn to pieces by rogues last year? He decided to go out alone when the call came that there were rogues on pack lands. He chose to die fighting alone for his pack because he thought that Chelsea had rejected him for being too weak." Beta Abbey raised her hands to her face horrified at her daughter's actions, she nodded without hesitation to allow Ember to place the orb within her.

"Even now she is claiming that I have impregnated her when I thought she was Ember," Sebastian added quietly. "Everyone knows the King cannot sire any offspring of his own. Even if Chelsea had managed to blind me for a long time by pretending to be Ember, she would have never had pups because of me."

Beta Daniel nodded solemnly. "I wish to be there when you sentence her, my King," Sebastian nodded in agreeance. They moved to a little spot to talk and comfort each other.

Sebastian sat down watching the various families take their time to process their new situation. Ember gently gave him a kiss before heading over to where her parents and Caius were. He smiled lightly as Ember jumped up and hugged her Dad like a koala.

Sighing, he rested his head back against the wall and closed his eyes. His instinct gave him a small nudge. I know but not right now. After everyone settles I will. She’s still using her magic to hold the barrier after all. He felt relief from the sensation of wanting to jump Ember in front of everyone. It gave him a small poke again ‘I’ll keep reminding you hourly’. He closed his eyes and replied. I won't forget.

He could feel his parents sit down on either side of him quietly. His Mum gently rested her head on his shoulder and hugged him tightly. His Dad patted his arm before leaving his hand to rest there. Sebastian felt content for now to let things wait for the moment. He knew he most likely wouldn't see either of them again until they took over as part of the Elder Council.
© Copyright 2022 Sui (UN: chibiblackrose at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sui has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1030191-Chapter-19---Setting-Up-The-Future