*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1030357-Chat-Oh
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#1030357 added April 9, 2022 at 4:33am
Restrictions: None
Chat? Oh.
Another entry for "Journalistic Intentions [18+]...

Chat Piles in Oklahoma


Well, I know what an Oklahoma is (a state containing mostly cows and oil wells); I know what piles are (hemorrhoids); and I know what chat is (French for cat or, alternatively, a casual discussion). But that particular combination of words is nonsense to me, unless "chat" is also Oklahoman for "cow manure." Contrary to popular belief (which I foster), I don't know everything.

I could, of course, follow the link in the JI forum, and probably even learn something from it, but it's way more fun not to. Besides, after being reminded of my Green-Eyed Monster drink creation yesterday, naturally I had to make one in the evening. And then I had to make another one to ensure I got the proportions right. I didn't, so I had to try again. You know... for science. (As a reminder, a Green-Eyed Monster is the result of me looking at a bottle of absinthe and a bottle of Midori and going, "Hmmm..." It's like 1 oz of each, and then add another 1-2 oz of tonic water, over ice. Garnish with, I dunno, some sort of fruit if you want; I don't care.) So my head is pounding way too hard to click on a link and absorb its contents.

And I was about to bitch about Oklahoma's stupid alcohol laws, but just as I was getting ready to do so, a little voice told me, "Waltz... things change; you'd better look this one up." So I did, and behold, Oklahoma's alcohol laws are not nearly as stupid as they used to be, which is remarkable for a state whose constitution, upon creation as a state, reeked of the foul stench of Prohibition. Now, the only foul stenches coming from Oklahoma are the oil wells and cow piles. And maybe the state capitol, but that's no different from any other state.

"Waltz, you won't click on the link, but you went and looked up Oklahoma alcohol laws?" Well, yeah. Priorities, people.

Since I don't live in Oklahoma, and it's usually a state I drive through, not to, it doesn't affect me much, but I always felt for those poor innocent Sooners who were limited to either 3.2 beer, or room temperature beer.

Well, apparently there have been some reforms, so I suppose it's possible there will be more craft breweries there, which I will have to visit, and then maybe I'll find out what chat piles are.

Or, you know, I could go ahead and click on the link in the prompt in the JI forum.

Nah. I'll do it later so I can be embarrassed by this entry.

© Copyright 2022 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1030357-Chat-Oh