*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032702-May-2022-Prompt-21
Rated: 13+ · Book · Comedy · #2249293
The Banana Blog
#1032702 added May 21, 2022 at 11:40pm
Restrictions: None
May 2022 Prompt #21


My first experience attending a drive-in movie was as a young boy. I've made many return visits since then. As teenagers, we would ride our bicycles just outside of the city limits to the drive-in theater. We rode on a trail that followed the fence line around to the very back row of the parking compound. We brought along blankets and bug spray and set up a little picnic area in the tall grass outside the fence. Someone would climb over the fence a turn up the volume on any unoccupied speakers, so we could hear the movie from our blankets in the grass. We would even go load up on goodies at the snack bar. We saw a lot of great movies that way; we even saw a few R-rated movies that we would not have otherwise been allowed to see. That was how we experienced the Drive-in until we became old enough to have vehicles of our own. Then there was a time when going to the drive-in was a date night destination, but I wouldn't know anything about that.

Prompt - How about you? Did you make additional visits to the Drive-in after your first experience? Tell us all about it. Be as descriptive as your memory allows.




I don't remember ever going to the drive-in after my parents stopped going. Why? Who knows. I guess I got caught up in band at school. The drive-in was at least 15 miles away, too far to ride a bike, didn't drive until later, and then didn't have a car until a senior in school. By that time, the drive-in was closed. So, no cool story for this prompt. Darn.
new signature 2021



Signature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032702-May-2022-Prompt-21