*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033770-Once-in-a-Blue-June
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2274705
A monthly blog started June of 2022. *discontinued*
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1033770 added June 13, 2022 at 8:29am
Restrictions: None
Once in a Blue June
6.13.22

An update yonder doth appear
Nothing much to see or fear
A rare event, it's true
Once in a blue June


Welcome to the start of a new blog! Pull up a seat, stay a while.

I plan to update this monthly, which should give me enough time between entries to actually have something to talk about, and enough flexibility to not stress about missing an entry or getting behind. I'll keep this going through the rest of the year, at which point I might reassess and do something new. We'll see.

I am now basically recovered from my bout with COVID. I was not ready to go back to work on day 5, as the CDC recommends, and I think it's pretty likely I was still contagious at that point since I had a temperature and was testing very positive. I still get exhausted easily and I'm honestly having a hard time keeping up with life since then, but otherwise I'm one of the lucky ones in that I don't seem to have any long-term effects from the virus.

Ironically, I was exposed to COVID again the day after I went back to work at the conference I mentioned. It's basically inevitable at a gathering of 100+ people that someone there is positive. I'm not too concerned about that, considering I was carefully masked (KN95) both days in case I was still contagious. I'm guessing my immunity at the moment is fairly high, but I don't want to get over-confident about that.

Several of my family members have also gotten COVID this month (not from me). Including my mom, who is not that far out from major surgery and very much at risk of complications due to several health issues. Fortunately, she got on antivirals pretty quickly and seems to have gotten through it OK now.

I'm getting a bit frustrated with everyone acting like this pandemic is over, or never even happened. It's true that we have better treatments now and we can't live like this indefinitely. We will eventually get to a point where we just have to live with COVID-19.

But considering how high cases are right now, we are not at that point yet. I know it's an inconvenience to wash your hands all the time and wear a mask in crowds and on public transportation when transmission is high.

You know what's way more inconvenient? Being sick as a dog and having to isolate for at least 5 days without notice. Potentially being sick for 2 weeks, or more. Accidentally getting someone you love sick. Ending up disabled with long COVID. Losing a grandparent or immunocompromised friend to this virus. Yes, people are still dying. A lot of people.

In other news, my sweet little wild cat ate the cord on my name-tag from the conference, which was tucked away in my purse at the time, so I had to take her to the vet last week. Traumatizing for all involved. The good news is she doesn't need emergency surgery. Let's just say, she has a history of eating things she shouldn't. A very expensive and dramatic history.

Wow, lots of health updates this month.
Hopefully there will be NO health updates to speak of next month.

I will leave you with your monthly cup of *Tea* positivitea *Teapot*:

“It does not matter how slow you go, as long as you do not stop.”
- Confucious

© Copyright 2022 Anni Pon (UN: annipon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Anni Pon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033770-Once-in-a-Blue-June