*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034344-Camping-with-Andre---June-27
Rated: ASR · Book · Activity · #2274023
A Repository for all things related to Andre's Banana Bar shenanigans
#1034344 added June 27, 2022 at 12:54pm
Restrictions: None
Camping with Andre - June 27



Camping Trip
June 27th Prompt

Start your entry with this phrase:
"While I was canoeing..."


While I was canoeing, I thought I might drown. I thought Andre was gone. How would I ever explain to Lilli and everyone that I let Andre drown? In a lake in nowhere Ohio of all places. But let me tell you what happen

Andre and I left Virginia after still another bad camping experience. We were headed back to my home in Montana. I decided to check out an old haunt of mine, East Fork Park near Bethel, Ohio.

In this large park is Harsha Lake. It’s huge, as far as lakes in Ohio go. I remember swimming here as a kid. One summer mom took us here when there was a heatwave and we had no a/c. Well, the water was like taking a bath. No relief. But riding home in the back of the beater truck cooled us off.

Anyway, we stopped here to take a canoe trip on the lake. I figured Andre might like cruising around this huge lake. I paid the fare at the dock, received in return a nice canoe, two paddles, two life jackets, and a time limit of two hours.

“Okay, Andre, no monkey business. This canoe can tip over easily. Just get in and let me paddle. You just enjoy the quiet and the nice scenery.”

Andre gingerly stepped into the canoe, made his way to the front, where he grabbed one of the paddles. I followed, then showed the monkey boy how to put on a life jacket. Then I tried to show him how to use a paddle.

“Asjkdf?”

“No, like this. In, and then push the water.” We started to glide away from the dock.

“ASD FGJ!!”

“NO! DO NOT splash me with the paddle.”

After a few moments, I finally gave up. “Give me your paddle. You just sit there. I’LL PADDLE!”

Making our way to the middle of the lake, we dodged jet skis, power boats, and paddle boats.

Every time we met another boat, Andre excitedly jumped around, screeching and yelling. As usual, he wouldn’t listen to me to settle down.

At one point he grabbed the second paddle, began waving it about. The canoe rocked from side to side.

And just like that, Andre splashed into the lake. I tried hard to keep the canoe from capsizing, all the time trying to not let Andre drift away. Just when I thought he was gone, I was able to catch the edge of his life jacket with the end of the remaining paddle.

Once he was back in the canoe, he jumped into my arms, squeezing me as if his life depended on it. Which actually, it did…



W/C 444









new signature 2021




Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill Awards
Signature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020
Quill Nominee Signature 2022


Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034344-Camping-with-Andre---June-27