*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034397-Abacadabra
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Other · #2242904
Vivien Limon's blog
#1034397 added June 28, 2022 at 9:59pm
Restrictions: None
Abacadabra
One of my new goals is to be accepted into the Magic Castle in Hollywood. For those who don't know, it is a private club that features magicians and magic aficionados. Many famous magicians have their visage immortalized here in caricature. Some of the magicians I can remember include Siegfried and Roy, David Copperfield, Harry Anderson, and many, many more. One of the resulting consequences is that I'm heavy into magic right now. I want to see it, breathe it, and learn it. I even want to write fiction and non-fiction about it. I've decided that I will specialize in card and coin sleight-of-hand. Because of this, I decided I wanted to see as many magicians I can. Combine this goal with a trip to arguably the magic capital of the world--Las Vegas (in August, though)—and it looked like a match made in heaven. I bought tickets to Criss Angel's two shows there and I was about to buy tickets to Mac King, David Copperfield, and Penn and Teller(I've already seen Lance Burton), and it looked awesome. But unfortunately, my luck did not hold as it often does not in Las Vegas. Criss Angel canceled his shows in August. I was very unhappy. Why do they always pick August? Anyway, I’m still going to try other magicians but I was really looking forward to Criss. Do you have a goal that you are intent on realizing? Do you have something you looked forward to but something happened? (By the way, if you’re interested in a book that marries magic and mystery, I recommend the Houdini mystery series by Daniel Stashower).

© Copyright 2022 FireWriter2012 (UN: firewriter2012 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
FireWriter2012 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034397-Abacadabra