*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034592-CAMPING-WITH-ANDRE-LAST-DAY
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1034592 added July 2, 2022 at 12:32pm
Restrictions: None
CAMPING WITH ANDRE' LAST DAY
Last night camping before heading home tomorrow morning.
How will you and Andre spend the day?

I was not able to meet the deadline but, I finished the story so you can read it if you wish:

Manx Cat from Japan




Early morning the campers went boating and swimming with Ned and Darla as counselors and life guards. A water logging experience for all involved.

I had kitchen duty and parents arrived to pick up children. Parents were invited to help us destroy a lunch grilled chicken, potatoes, and green beans cooked with mushrooms. A dessert chaser of strawberry shortcake finished off the meal. Then the Chimps alive group loaded into cars with parents and headed to their various destinations.

Darla and Ned gathered most of our camping gear into the bus and headed home to deliver the bus to the community recreation center.

It was still early afternoon when Andre’ and I waved a hearty bye, bye to all involved. We had kept our back packs full of essentials, which still rested on the porch of the main hall.

After I spent some time in kitchen cleanup, I stated, “Everything looks spiffy Andre’. Let’s you and I take a last trek around the Herb Trail before we climb in my Jeep and head back to the bar?”

This made Andre’ happy. He started to knuckle run toward the trail opening. “Hey, wait for me.”

He disappeared up into the trees of the forest, as I straggled along. I was just going to enjoy this last hike. Andre’ was probably somewhere in a tree in the woods sitting quietly watching some wildlife, while he waited for me to come trekking along on the trail.

The herb trail was only a couple miles long and a semicircle dumping hikers back out into the campground some hundreds of feet away from the trail entrance. There were also a couple of cement benches along the way to sit on, rest, or just contemplate life.

Before I reached the first bench Andre’ dropped out of a tree next to me and toddled along beside me holding my hand. I thought his quiet demeanor was because of the last hike of the camping outing.
It wasn’t. He had been scouting ahead/ As we approached the first trail bench I stopped and stared. A very large Hairy humanoid sat on the bench. As we approach it stood up and faced us. It was approximately 8 feet tall, with long silvery, grey fur covering its whole body. The fur had a sheen to it. I thought if you shined a light at it, it would probably glow in the dark. I was startled at its large lavender irises. Its legs and arms were long. It had surprisingly small feet. Although, they were certainly a proportion that would support its whole body.

It signed to us. Signing seems to be the universal language. Andre’ immediately returned signing as if they had a quick conversation. Then Andre’ told me its name was Bolder. It was looking for the way to it’s home. Andre’ reached for my cell phone. After talking to the creature, he punched it a number.
At this point I thought it interesting My phone actually had a signal. He handed the phone to Bolder. Who talked on it, in quiet mumbles and squeals of a language I could not understand? He handed the phone back to Andre”. Then signed some more. Andre’ told me his ride is on its way.

Andre said the ride would be there quickly, so we ought to wait. He handed one of his flasks of Banana Daiquiri to Bolder. Down the trail came a large 2-seater buggy being pulled by two beautiful grey draft ponies. The driver was an elf.

Bolder thanked Andre’ for the help and daiquiri, waved at me and got into the passenger seat. I moved off the trail and stood behind the bench not wanting to get stepped on or run over. The elf flicked the reins and shouted up, up. The ponies rose into the air and trotted off higher and higher into the clouds until we could not see them anymore.

Andre’ took to the trees and I finished my hike. Pretty much the rest of the day was uneventful. After the hike we loaded into the jeep and drove home. I dropped Andre’ at the bar and continued back to the farm.

One thing for sure you never know what new experience a hike will bring. Especially if Andre’ is along. He has an assortment of friends some who I have yet to meet.

THE END.

WORD COUNT WITH WDC = 749

© Copyright 2022 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034592-CAMPING-WITH-ANDRE-LAST-DAY