*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034603-Mentor-Merit-Badge
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1313678
You will find Taylor Swift, women items and everything under the sun.
#1034603 added July 2, 2022 at 4:42pm
Restrictions: None
Mentor Merit Badge
Prompt: Write about a time you mentored someone or someone was a mentor to you.

I worked in mental health. The first person DM wanted to get his GED. He was taking classes and I helped him study the lesson book. He was good at answering questions and doing the work. Three weeks he ran away from the facility. He came back for 2 weeks then left again. I asked him about his GED and he was no longer interested. He ran off with his ex-wife.

Another guy A wanted me to help him study. I went over the lesson with him and he started bucking like a horse in his chair and making horse noises. That was it for him. He wanted to goof off.

A woman K wanted to get her GED. Okay. I worked the midnight shift. She came down every night for an hour and I studied with her. She passed all her tests. She got her GED! She was 23 but she did it.

Another woman Y wanted to get her GED. She asked me to help her write a story and I did. She got her GED but she already had her GED. Now, she had 2. You can never have too much education.

The one woman S liked to write poems. She asked me for advice and I helped her write poems and she taught me things as well. She got her poem published in the newspaper.

I would help my son with his homework and he is a Psychologist now.

I helped mentor a few people. I am glad. Too bad I failed with DM and A. I didn't want to use real names. Thanks for reading.

** Image ID #2275003 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2022 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034603-Mentor-Merit-Badge