*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034704
Rated: E · Book · Comedy · #2274870
Alice's Collection Box
#1034704 added July 5, 2022 at 7:58pm
Restrictions: None
B. Pool of Tears


B The Pools of Tears

Alice in Wonderland





1. "Dropping the Kid Gloves" – You've been called upon to create a whole new frock for Alice on her grand adventure. It's time to bring your designing skills (or lack of) to the table. (<500 words)


Alice came to me the other day. She’s in search of a new outfit. Seems her last dress got damaged as she fell down a rabbit hole. Now I’m not one to judge, but isn’t she a bit old to be doing that sort of exploring?

Never the mind. As a seamstress of some renown, I give the customer what they want. She states she wants a whole new gown. Something new, adventuresome. A new look for a new adventure. This idea gives me a lot of leeway.

I start looking at patterns in my inventory. Alice specifically asked to look older than she does now. Something about looking too childish for too long.

That makes me think, when we’re young, we want to look older. When we’re of a certain age, we want to start looking younger. Seems we’re never satisfied with what we’re given. We should just be glad we are. But, I have a gown to make, not philosophical ideas to proclaim. So I sew.

Alice arrives this afternoon to check out her new dress. Do you think she’ll like it?

new dress idea

W/C 184



new signature 2021




Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill Awards
Signature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020
Quill Nominee Signature 2022


Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034704