*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034892
Rated: E · Book · Comedy · #2274870
Alice's Collection Box
#1034892 added July 8, 2022 at 8:37pm
Restrictions: None
3. Enormous Creatures


3. "Enormous Creatures" - Alice came across a large puppy and played with it for a while, didn't she? What pet would you like to see in such a size, and how would you go about taking care of it (if you could!) {<1000 words)



Alice in Wonderland




I would rather like to have a large tortoise as a pet. You know the ones. They live on the Galapagos Islands.

It could be fun to have a giant tortoise. I'd name that tortoise Tom. It could help keep your lawn trimmed. It could be used as a place to sit as you weed your garden. You could walk the tortoise and if you got tired, hop on the shell of your pet tortoise and take a ride home. No need to call a taxi, or Uber, or a friend.

The only drawback I could see is the fact they live hundreds of years. Who would take a tortoise when you died? A tame tortoise would be something you just couldn’t will to your family. It would become turtle soup in a day or so.

But then after the turtle soup, you’d have an enormous tortoise shell to use as a boat. You could launch it into the ocean and sail away to where the giant turtles live. Tell the turtle’s family how wonderful Tom was to have around. But perhaps not tell them about the soup.

W/C 188







new signature 2021




Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill Awards
Signature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020
Quill Nominee Signature 2022


Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034892