*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034924
Rated: E · Book · Comedy · #2274870
Alice's Collection Box
#1034924 added July 10, 2022 at 10:39pm
Restrictions: None
D. Advice from a Caterpillar


D. Advice from a Caterpillar.

Alice in Wonderland




1."Identity Crisis - Who Are You?" - create a blog entry (or static item) that deals with moment(s) you’ve questioned yourself over any decision. (<1000 words)



Do we really know ourselves? Do we really know what we’ll do in any circumstance that comes our way? Do you?

Take this incident a few months ago. I had a meeting with some folks. Now some of these people were friendly acquaintances. Some were people I knew just by their name, people I didn’t especially like, but tried to treat with respect.

Halfway through the meeting two of the people, one I thought I knew and one I didn’t especially like, start tearing into me like two pit bulls. Then a third took up the attack. This third person I know, but it seemed not as well as I had thought. These people accused me of a decision I’d made weeks before.

After all they had to say was said, they rushed out of the meeting, leaving myself and another person gobsmacked, as it were. We just sat looking at each other.

Identity crisis - who are you? Well at that moment, neither of us knew what had happened, who we were, where we were.

We needed the caterpillar and his wisdom. “Who are you?” Indeed. Who am I? Who are you? Who were they?

And then, what just happened? Why did it happen? What does it mean for the group?

Ultimately, the group was reduced to two persons, myself and the other person with me at the end of the meeting. We were left puzzled when the other attackers exited. The three persons who left the meeting will not be asked to rejoin us when we regroup in the future.

That’s who we are. We are the survivors. We treat each other with respect.



W/C 275



new signature 2021




Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill Awards
Signature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020
Quill Nominee Signature 2022


Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034924