*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1035006
Rated: E · Book · Comedy · #2274870
Alice's Collection Box
#1035006 added July 10, 2022 at 10:30pm
Restrictions: None
2. The Cheshire Cat


2."The Cheshire Cat" – Write a short story or poem of a most cunning person with the phrase “with the grin of a Cheshire Cat” used somewhere within. (<1000 words) or (<40 lines)





Janie likes to play with legos. She builds the most amazing castles. Then when those are finished, she builds the little cottages around the castles, and then some barns for her little animals. Janie can spend all day building a fantasy city with all her legos. When all is built, she likes to stand up to survey her work. It makes her smile.

But then her brother George comes into her bedroom. George likes to make messes. With the grin of a Cheshire Cat, he plots his first move. He lies on the pink fluffy rug and takes the animals out of the barns. Then the barns get taken apart.

When Janie isn’t watching, George begins to dismantle the cottages, then works on the outer wall of the first castle. Soon all Janie’s hard work is demolished.

With a loud cry of dismay, Janie calls in her mother.

“Look mother! George destroyed all my hard work. Now I have to do all again,” Janie says with a sad voice, then puts a pout on her face.

George once again puts on the grin of a Cheshire Cat. He makes no effort to deny his wrong-doing. As mother takes him out of Janie’s bedroom, he gives a big smile to his sister, that irrepressible grin of the Cheshire Cat.


W/C 219


new signature 2021




Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill Awards
Signature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020
Quill Nominee Signature 2022


Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1035006