*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1035007
Rated: E · Book · Comedy · #2274870
Alice's Collection Box
#1035007 added July 10, 2022 at 10:36pm
Restrictions: None
3. We Are All Mad Here


3. "We Are All Mad Here" – Where cats wag their tails when angry and growl when pleased. Write about a day when everything was completely opposite to what you expect. Short story (<500 words) or poem (<40 lines).

One day the wind blew upside down. Then birds flew upside down and backward. Dogs meowed and cats barked. It was the start of a most curious day.

I went back inside my house, afraid to be outside where everything was upside down, inside out, and not as it should be.

But inside the house was no safer. I walked on the ceiling with no trouble at all. My shoes tied themselves.

I tried to cook some eggs, but the stove turned off. The eggs cooked with the heat off. When I turned it back on, the eggs didn’t cook. Most curious.

So I went around the house to see what else was different in my little world. The bed couldn’t be made. It floated in mid-air. Blankets and sheets hung off the sides, but didn’t fall off. My cat lay in the middle of the bed, afraid to get off. I tried to jump up to get her, but my feet now seemed glued to the floor.

I glanced in the mirror. Staring back at me was the Chesire Cat. He spoke to me. “Don’t worry. We’re all mad here! You’re mad, I’m mad! Enjoy your day!”

So I sat down in my room, read a book, and fell asleep. I prayed that when I woke up all would be set to rights again.

We're all mad!




W/C 226



new signature 2021




Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill Awards
Signature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020
Quill Nominee Signature 2022


Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1035007