*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1035105
Rated: E · Book · Comedy · #2274870
Alice's Collection Box
#1035105 added July 12, 2022 at 1:38pm
Restrictions: None
3. Much of a Muchness


3. "Much of a Muchness" – According to the Dormouse, there is such a thing as 'drawing of muchness'; with that in mind, tell us about the good or bad of having too much of any one thing. (<1000 words).


You can have too much of one thing. Too many crochet hooks, too many knitting needles. Too many cats, too many dogs. Too many shoes, too many sweaters.

I think this is called hoarding. It’s a problem when you have more than one crochet hook of the same size. Do you need two? Well, what if one breaks and it’s midnight? Same thing with knitting needles. You need double-pointed needles, different length needles, different sized double-pointed needles, different sizes of different lengths of double-pointed needles. And then there are circular needles. So you need 4 inch circular needles, of all sizes, and 6 inch, and so on up to about 35 inch and beyond. Soon your craft room is awash in hooks and needles. Not to mention yarn. You want to have different types and colors and fibers and lengths of yarns. Every time you go to the craft store all the hooks and needles and yarns call to you, ‘Buy me!’ And then there are pattern books. So many projects to make, so little time. You buy book after book, intent on making all those cute baby and child patterns. If you knit and crochet every moment of every day, you could never get it all done.

So just give all that to the thrift store. Clean out the craft room.

Get a jigsaw puzzle instead. Or a puppy, or a kitten. But just one. Too much of a good thing is real.

Alice in Wonderland


new signature 2021




Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill Awards
Signature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020
Quill Nominee Signature 2022


Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1035105