*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1035129
Rated: E · Book · Comedy · #2274870
Alice's Collection Box
#1035129 added July 12, 2022 at 11:17pm
Restrictions: None
2. Paint the White Roses Red


2. "Paint the White Roses Red" - Mistakes happen. Some beyond our control. Create a blog entry (or static item) telling of such a time(s) that has happened and what you did to rectify the situation (if any). (<1000 words)


I tried to make a Bundt cake recently. Those cakes seem to have fallen out of popularity, but I still had a pan. I thought I had greased it properly. Since it had lots of grooves, nooks and crannies, you really have to use a lot of butter or Crisco or some sort of grease.

I decided to use coconut oil. It’s hard, but gets soft like Crisco once you start using it. Plus it’s better for you than Crisco.Well, let me tell, it’s not better for a cake pan when you want to grease something like a Bundt pan. There’s a time and place for hydrogenated fats. Crisco was invented for these times, as I will find out.

I mixed the cake as directed, put it in the Bundt pan and baked as directed. When the allotted time was up, it became the moment of truth. Time to take the cake out of the pan.

I tipped the pan over. Nothing happened. I ran a knife around each edge. Nothing happened. That cake was cemented to the pan courtesy of the coconut oil. I had to take out the cake piece by piece from the pan. Then reassemble the entire bloody cake on a fancy cake plate. Lucky for me I had some icing to use as glue.

So the end result was a ruined cake pan, it went to the garbage. A messed up cake, it looked like the dog ate it. But it tasted good.

From now on, whenever I actually find another Bundt pan and try that recipe again, I will coat the inside of that like nobody’s business. No cake will be able to stick to that pan when I’ve finished greasing it with Crisco.


W/C 291



new signature 2021




Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill Awards
Signature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020
Quill Nominee Signature 2022


Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1035129