*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1035324-Better-day
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #2093535
One man's journey to find the way home
#1035324 added July 17, 2022 at 3:28pm
Restrictions: None
Better day
I really need to take another look at what makes one day work and another fail. I took the guys to a ball game. On the surface a sure win after all they would not be able to go without me.

A lot can go wrong along the way though. The guys were left with no money for refreshments. In some respects this is their idea of why to go. They want a beer and hot dog. That gets worked out to where I get reimbursed.

Then our van is in the shop and we have an old timer. It hurts to get the tie downs. One needs to be rigged or a guy gets left behind. What is sad is he half expects it to be enough for him to stay home.

We get back in enough time for staff to leave. One of the residents who did not go got in lots of trouble. I never did find out what kind of trouble. And a few minutes after the staff leaves another comes which makes no sense. I am not scheduled to leave. I watch this staff site in a chair and at games. It was obviously a communication glitch. I do some work and leave early, tired and yet glad to be with Sharon.

I put pictures up on Facebook and it looks good enough. I did my job. The Red Sox lose 14 to 1. My phone gets a small crack. It was a full day and I survived life is getting better.

© Copyright 2022 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1035324-Better-day