*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1035625-Full-Stop
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1035625 added July 24, 2022 at 10:47am
Restrictions: None
Full Stop


Take a break. Sometimes in life you have to stop. And sometimes that stop is full, put on the brakes, fall on your face.

I just got out of the hospital with a case of double pneumonia and RSV. Now double pneumonia is bad enough, but add that ugly virus onto it, and whammy! You're flat on your back.

This illness had been building for weeks. I went to the ER last Thursday, they admitted me. I was on 5 liters of oxygen. That's a lot of oxygen folks. Coughing, coughing, non-stop.

So I stayed in hospital for 4 days. I didn't even mind being there. Because I knew I was in the very best possible place. When you cannot breathe, you want to be where people can help. I didn't even mind getting poked for an IV and bloodwork and heparin shots.

You people do what you do best. I am sick. Make me well. And they did.

But darn it, I had to drop out of Wonderland. Nuts. But there is next year.

Now I am in recuperation mode. I am walking around the block, taking my medication, resting, being a good patient.

Enjoy the rest of the summer! I will be resting a recuperating.





© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1035625-Full-Stop