*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1035938-Another-Great-Day-for-Writing
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1035938 added July 31, 2022 at 11:57pm
Restrictions: None
Another Great Day for Writing
Another Great Day for Writing


Today at work, it dragged out. One of the longest twelve-hour shifts that I have had. If not the longest one. True, it went quickly. But it still dragged out. How does that compare when it comes to my writing? It means that I didn’t get as much writing done as I wanted to get done earlier today at work. I should have gotten a lot more written on my paragraph Story Outline than I did.

The shift started great. I finished my single sentences in about three hours instead of six like it was on Saturday. That’s why I think that I have had another great day for writing. So, I had plenty of time to start working on my Story Outline for my second scriptwriting project, The Final Ritual. The way that I was going I should have gotten about double that got written. If not a little more than that.

So, why didn’t I get more writing done earlier today at work? There are a couple of reasons why I didn’t get more writing done today at work. And both are ‘lack of’ reasons. In this case, it was a lack of sleep and a lack of concentration because of the lack of sleep. A lack of sleep was the main reason. I only got about ten hours of sleep the last couple of days. And that’s not very good.

I trained myself centuries ago how to stay up for a graveyard shift at work. Just haven’t needed to use it in quite a few years because I didn’t have the graveyard shift. Now I do. And I’m still adjusting to it. For most of the work week that isn’t a problem. But it is for Sunday because I only get about six hours of sleep. And that’s if I’m lucky. Unfortunately, I wasn’t that lucky this week.

As a result of a lack of sleep, I only got my Teaser Act One and a little bit of Act One single paragraphs written for this project. And it should have been a whole lot more than that considering I had about nine hours of my shift still left to work on it. True, paragraphs are different than sentences. But only their length is different. And there isn’t too much difference. Especially, in the Teaser Acts.

It wasn’t just the lack of concentration, though. I also had some who came into work earlier today at work. Normally, it’s very dead when it comes to someone coming into work on the weekends. But with something big about to happen, they were there earlier today. Sometimes I may have one to three come in on a Saturday, Sunday, or both. But today there was a whole lot more than that.

Those coming in weren’t the reason why I didn’t get more writing done at work earlier today. It was my lack of sleep and concentration. That’s not all, though. Because of my lack of concentration, I’m probably going to start this paragraph Story Outline again. I don’t think that it’s very good. It can be a whole lot better. And I have four days to figure out how to make it better.







© Copyright 2022 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1035938-Another-Great-Day-for-Writing