*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1035970-Some-Ginger-and-Mary-Jane
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #2156493
A hub for the "Book of Masks" universe.
#1035970 added August 1, 2022 at 12:23pm
Restrictions: None
Some Ginger and Mary Jane
First of all, see the entry "Plot Plinko: Everybody Wins! for an update on the poll I posted yesterday.

In other news, today brings the final chapter in the branch I've been publishing:

Interactive: "The Tracker, Trapped
Public: "The Tracker, Trapped

I think I mentioned at the start that it evolved out of a commission, but then I decided to make it a freebie. The idea I was pitched (in case you can't tell) was to switch Gordon Black and Jack Li. Gordon is moody and anti-social, while Jack is a confident extrovert with lots of friends, and the idea was to find out how Gordon deals with Jack's life. It's a tricky situation, because given the branch it has to be observed from without by someone who supposedly doesn't know about the switch. That means that Gordon can't express himself openly. His reactions have to be written and read, as it were, between the lines. But I really liked the idea and the challenge, and I spent a LOT of time imagining how Gordon would react, and how he'd try to act as Jack. I don't know how it came across on the page. I do know Gordon's reactions go a lot deeper than what I wrote, and I have already written more chapters in this branch and will be returning to it again. But this is enough for now.

Anyway, tomorrow I start publishing a short branch, something that's been sitting in the pile for a very long time but which I've decided to put out there.

It starts with "Some Ginger and Mary Jane. Will took the book in to school and wound up selling it to Spencer Osborne in exchange for some marijuana, which Will is going to put into the time capsule. And that seems to be that. As chapter ends, Will's friend Keith is asking him to go buy some weed, in order to help Keith win a bet. There's already a branch where Will does help Keith. Tomorrow we'll find out what happens when Will turns him down.

© Copyright 2022 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1035970-Some-Ginger-and-Mary-Jane