*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1036105-6-Apsalooke
Rated: ASR · Book · Activity · #2275459
A tiny fiction book for tiny stories
#1036105 added August 4, 2022 at 12:57pm
Restrictions: None
#6 Apsáalooke


Week # Prompt: 6

An urban legend

You must incorporate information about a real or fabricated urban legend in your story.

The story of Sacrifice Cliff comes from an old Native American legend. Two members of the Crow Tribe arrived in their village from a trip to find that almost everyone there had been infected with smallpox and died. So heartbroken about the loss of their loved ones, the two decided to blindfold their horses and ride off the cliff to join the tribe on the other side.
Sacrifice Cliff is visible from almost anywhere in Billings, so it's sad (and a bit spooky) to think about this story while the cliff is looming over the entire city.

{Apsáalooke - Absaroka - Crow tribal names}

The Mustang pulled into town. Both gazed at the towering sandstone rimrock cliffs surrounding the largest Montana city.

A tribal story of long ago from the Apsáalooke people told of two that came home after a long trip. Looking forward to seeing their loved ones again, they rode into the village on their ponies. All there had died of the white man’s pox. Both were so sad that they blinded their ponies and rode off the rimrock cliffs.

White Eaglecries and Jack Makepeace drove to the Rimrock Overlook. The Mustang rode off the cliff, as in the days of old.


new signature 2021




Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill Awards
Signature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020
Quill Nominee Signature 2022


Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1036105-6-Apsalooke