*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1036533-How-do-you-explain-this
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Bonzo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Satire · #2274493
Whatever is going on inside my head at the moment
#1036533 added August 15, 2022 at 5:44pm
Restrictions: None
How do you explain this?
Another school year has begun and there is nothing of any significance being done to protect our children at school.
Since Columbine High School 20-years ago over 311,000 children have been exposed to school gun violence. Deaths, injuries and life long trauma and that does not include teachers or other adult staff that has like wise suffered.
It is interesting to note that our FBI offices are secure. When an armed man tried to enter the field office in Ohio he was not only turned away but was later accosted and killed. The FBI office was filled with people who were armed and trained to use their weapons. Likewise our courts and many other government buildings have security in place including metal detectors, bullet proof glass enclosures and armed guards.
I can only surmise that the cost to provide similar protections for our children is just too expensive.
With all of the anger swirling around the country regarding Trump and his followers it is beyond my abilities to understand at least that much energy being directed to our unguarded children.

© Copyright 2022 Bonzo (UN: bangon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bonzo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1036533-How-do-you-explain-this