*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037069-Tagging-Members
Rated: E · Book · How-To/Advice · #2278979
Big Book of WDC Pro-Tips.
#1037069 added August 29, 2022 at 3:19pm
Restrictions: None
Tagging Members
image for jody's book

Link To Original Post


PRO TIP: Use @ to More Easily Tag Members


On many platforms, you can do the "at sign" to let someone know you are talking to them and on some, they will even be notified. I didn't know that was a thing here.

There is something to know about doing this because you get 2 different results, depending on how you do it.

With regular tagging, whether you type the username out or just pick from the list, you get the same result--the person is tagged.

This isn't the case with using @.

1. If you type the username out, it remains as you typed it and just signifies that you are talking to that person, but it doesn't tag them.

@Schnujo

2. If you pick their username from the list that pops up, it automatically turns the @Username into an suser tag username and tags them as below.



*Party* No more braces needed for tagging friends on WdC! *Party*


I'm also about to go from my default tag "huser" to "suser"...assuming I remember this new tidbit.
*BigSmile*

© Copyright 2022 Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love (UN: wordgeek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037069-Tagging-Members