*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037072-Aliases
Rated: E · Book · How-To/Advice · #2278979
Big Book of WDC Pro-Tips.
#1037072 added August 29, 2022 at 4:34pm
Restrictions: None
Aliases
{image: PENDING
Link To Original Post


Pro Tip: Item Aliases Make Linking Easier


An item alias is a way to create a link without knowing the item number. This is especially convenient for your fans and frequent participants in activities and contests.

Here are some item aliases you might want to know...

"The Quills" = "Invalid Item
"Quill Nomination Form 2022 " = "Quill Nomination Form 2024
*Up* hint, hint/reminder *BigSmile* *Up*
That link is always good for nominations, regardless of the year.

"Technical Support Forum" = "Technical Support Forum
"Non-Technical Support Forum" = "Non-Technical Support Forum

"Noticing Newbies" = "Noticing Newbies
"Weekly Goals" = "Weekly Goals

"Activities @ Writing.Com" = "Activities @ Writing.Com
"Writing Contests @ Writing.Com" = "Writing Contests @ Writing.Com


For more information about item aliases and for other official WdC items' aliases, check out "Item Aliases"

*Delight* And now, my own items also have item aliases!*Delight*
"The Contest Challenge" = "The Contest Challenge
"The Whatever Contest -- Reopens Sept?" = "The Whatever Contest -- Closed for Now


Bonus Tip: To create an item alias, go to My Account, then My Item Aliases, read the information, then click Create an Item Alias at the top of the page.

Double Bonus Tip: You can excite item owners by adding to your reviewing template that you sometimes nominate your favorite items for "The Quills" through "Quill Nomination Form 2022 " and you hope they also nominate items around WdC that they love.

I suggest you put this in the part of your template that is more obviously what you include for everyone so as to not be misleading. You aren't saying you are nominating their item, but it not only encourages them to ensure their item is its best, but it also encourages them to nominate items as well. Of course, only do this if you actually nominate items sometimes. *Laugh*

Notice that the item alias for Quill items doesn't have an S after quill. *Wink*

© Copyright 2022 Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love (UN: wordgeek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037072-Aliases