*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037168-Semi-Sabbatical
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #2156493
A hub for the "Book of Masks" universe.
#1037168 added September 3, 2022 at 12:11pm
Restrictions: None
Semi-Sabbatical
"Show the book to Joshua and Eileen" was so far ahead in the poll that I started writing the sequel before the poll closed. So here it is:

* Interactive: "Backyard Magic
* Public: "Backyard Magic

Poll for the next choice: [Poll completed and deleted]

* * * * *

I took a long hiatus from this place early in the year, and have only been back for a month and half, but I'm going to take another sabbatical, starting today. But the difference between now and then is that (a) I am announcing my hiatus instead of just disappearing, and (b) it is only a BoM writing hiatus, not a publishing hiatus. I am not going anywhere. I will still be checking in here every day; I'll be posting a new chapter every day; and I will still be running the polls and continuing the storyline above (my one break from the hiatus).

See, in the seven or so weeks since I've been back, the words have just come boiling out of me, pretty much like never before. So not only have I been publishing a chapter a day, I've been refilling the backlog. Including rugal's and Nostrum's chapters for the Round Robin, that backlog now stands at one hundred and eleven.

That's what I said. I've got 111 chapters on the runway waiting to be published. That's about the length of The Fellowship of the Ring.

So that's the reason I'm taking this writing hiatus. I've got enough chapters to carry this place forward almost until Christmas, and while I've still got all this creative ferment bubbling away, I want to get some of it down into non-BoM stuff.

So if you come here for a daily fix, don't worry about it going away soon, and don't worry about bothering me. I'll still be here, happily posting and reading and replying to emails. It's just that the time that would have been going to writing BoM will (knock wood) be going into writing something else.

Now I've just got to figure out what that something else will be ...

© Copyright 2022 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037168-Semi-Sabbatical