*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037247-Buy-Bye-By-The-Light-of-the-Moon
Rated: 18+ · Book · Community · #2257034
Birthday Bash Relay. Excited on Second Place! Now for various WDC contests and activities
#1037247 added September 4, 2022 at 4:50am
Restrictions: None
Buy, Bye, By The Light of the Moon
Words: 278
(Daily Flash Winner! *Smile*)


"But I saw it on TV," Manisha insisted, dragging her Nanny toward the posh-looking shop. "It said this shop has anything a home can want."

"Yes, darling, they meant everything that can be sold. Stop now, stop!"

"They said everything!"

Seven year olds can be remarkably strong, and the Nanny found herself pulled into the shop.

"What can I do for you?" the assistant asked.

"You said on TV that you have everything," Manisha piped up.

"We do, dear child, we do."

"I have fifty rupees. I want to buy the moon, please."

The assistant looked a bit surprised. Then he laughed, and patted the child on the head.

"Don't mess up my hair! Just sell me the moon! I've saved up fifty rupees!"

"For fifty rupees, I can give you a nice dolly ..."

"I don't want a nice dolly. Please, I want the moon."

"Why don't you look at this puzzle, my dear child, see ..."

"No puzzle. I want the moon. Please, I want the moon."

The assistant looked at the Nanny in despair. He would get a black mark for letting a potential customer leave the shop without buying anything. And his feelings went deeper. He couldn't disappoint the child.

To his surprise, he saw the Nanny's eyes light up. He raised his eyebrows at her questioningly. She tilted her head ever so slightly.

She was indicating the sports section, where there was a poster advertising 'glow in the dark tennis balls'.

It was a happy child who showed off her purchase that evening. "Mummy! Pappa! It's the moon, it only works in the dark. Please switch off the light and see how my moon works!"


© Copyright 2022 THANKFUL SONALI Now What? (UN: mesonali at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
THANKFUL SONALI Now What? has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037247-Buy-Bye-By-The-Light-of-the-Moon