*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037655-Another-Normal-First-Day-Off-from-Work
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2242131
There is a lot within me Other Than Scriptwriting. This blog is devoted to those stories.
#1037655 added September 12, 2022 at 11:48pm
Restrictions: None
Another Normal First Day Off from Work
Another Normal
First Day Off from Work


It has been one of those days when everything happens one thing after another to prevent me from working on my short stories for this month. unfortunately, I haven’t been able to do any writing on either of these short stories. I have them planned out. But I haven’t physically started writing them yet.

Both of them are very important to me. But the one for the WDC Short Story Contest is the most important. If I can only get one of them written this month, it’s this one. I want to get them both written. But with less than three weeks to write them, the odds aren’t too good that I will be able to get both of them written.

I’m not worried about whether they win or not because I know that they won’t. That isn’t why I write them. Of course, I want to win every contest that I enter. But I know that I won’t. Once again, that’s not why I write them. I write them for two reasons. One is for them to be read. The other reason is that I like a challenge.

There is only one possible way for me to finish both of these short stories by the end of this month. And that is to work on them at work. With my last post, I couldn’t do that. But I can at my new post. At least I can right now. Who knows how long that will last? Until I’m singled out again, I will continue to write at work.

Whether it’s scriptwriting, short stories, etc., I can write them at work. I don’t want to write short stories, etc. at work. But I have done it before. And I’m sure that I will have to do it again. Hopefully, it won’t happen too long. I only want to work on my scriptwriting at work. But sometimes that isn’t possible.

It looks like this is one of those times. I don’t want to do it. But sometimes you must do something that you don’t want to do to get what you need to be done. And this is one of those times. Especially, since I’m not going to be able to get too much of them written tomorrow too. If I get any of them written at all.

I’m not sure about Wednesday. I may be able to get some of my writing done on Wednesday before I return to work on Thursday at midnight. But I know that I probably won’t be able to do it tomorrow. My brother and I have to go out of the state tomorrow. And we are going to be gone most of the day. If it’s not all day.

I may have a few hours to work on my WDC Short Story tomorrow after I get home from our trip. But I will probably be too tired to do it. My stepmother passed away a few days ago. That isn’t why we are going there, though. We were going there tomorrow anyway to get some things from my ex-father. But now it’s because of her death too.




© Copyright 2022 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037655-Another-Normal-First-Day-Off-from-Work