*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037683-To-Dress-Up-or-Not-to-Dress-Up
Rated: 18+ · Book · Community · #2257034
Birthday Bash Relay. Excited on Second Place! Now for various WDC contests and activities
#1037683 added September 13, 2022 at 10:42pm
Restrictions: None
To Dress Up or Not to Dress Up
Words: 234

Savita took down the curtain and wore it as a cape. It was important to feel the part, after all, while rehearsing. She had to get into the mood. She pinned the curtain on carefully and then positioned herself in front of the full-length mirror.

She looked fine, she thought. She checked her front, then her side profile, then the other side. Standing at a bit of an angle, she began declaiming:

"To be or not to be, that is the question."

"Wuff, wuff, wuff," her poodle, named Poodlemere United, agreed.

"Shhh, Poodlemere United. Don't be scared now, there's going to be a ghost."

"Wuff, wuff."

"You know the ghost is going to be my classmate, dressed up? You're clever."

Savita faced the mirror again. "To be or not to ..."

CRASH.

She turned quickly, to find the floor full of flowers and water. The vase was broken. Poodlemere United had yanked at the table cloth and the contents of the table were on the floor.

"What was that crash?" Savita's mother entered the room to find a bundle in a table cloth wriggling on the floor, and a girl wearing a cape guffawing on the bed.

"Poodlemere United wants to be the ghost, and was trying to dress the part!" Savita managed to utter. "He's going to be a great actor, Mom!"

"Oh dear, don't make me laugh now. Let's clean up this mess!"

© Copyright 2022 THANKFUL SONALI Now What? (UN: mesonali at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
THANKFUL SONALI Now What? has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037683-To-Dress-Up-or-Not-to-Dress-Up