*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1038018-One-Fourth
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2242131
There is a lot within me Other Than Scriptwriting. This blog is devoted to those stories.
#1038018 added September 22, 2022 at 11:30pm
Restrictions: None
One-Fourth
One-Fourth


My goal earlier today was to get one-fourth of my second Short Story for this month written. that’s five hundred words. And that is what I have done. Well, that isn’t exactly true. I didn’t get five hundred words. It was only four hundred and ninety-nine words that I got written earlier today.

In a way, that is good though. I don’t like to get exactly two thousand words in my Short Story. But I do like to get close to it. That’s why four hundred and ninety-nine is a good word count. It’s also a bad one too. I don’t like it when they are that close to the limit for that section/part.

True, I can always edit this first part/section. And I may still end up doing that. It all depends on the rest of this Short Story. And how long the remaining sections/parts have when it comes to my word count. Right now, I’m not going to rewrite this part/section. But I may end up doing it, though.

I probably could have gotten a little bit more written. Maybe even a whole lot more. But I’m trying to be like everyone else. I have gotten a lot of complaints and comments about my writing in Present Tense. So, like my WDC Short Story, I’m trying to write this in Past Tense like everyone else is doing.

Writing in Past Tense is very hard for me to do intentionally. I have done it quite a bit a lot of other times with some of my other short stories according to those who have reviewed them. But doing them in all Past Tense is very hard for me to do.

I’m a scriptwriter. And they write in Present Tense. That’s why I prefer to write in Present Tense with my short stories too. But once again, I’m being forced to go against the way I’m writing if I want my stories to be read and liked. Maybe forced is a little bit strong of a word. Right now, that’s the way it looks to me.

My scriptwriting isn’t the only reason why I prefer Present Tense. I also like doing it because everyone says that you should write what you know. And I know Science Faction. That is what most of my stories are about. The other stories that aren’t Science Faction are more made-up stories. But not my Science Faction.

I don’t know how many words I will be getting written tomorrow morning at work. But I’m hoping that it will be about five hundred again. Would like it to be a little bit more than that. If not a lot more. But around five hundred would be great. After all, that will mean that this Short Story will be halfway through.





© Copyright 2022 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1038018-One-Fourth