*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1038611-Culinary-Arts
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#1038611 added October 4, 2022 at 3:24pm
Restrictions: None
Culinary Arts
Prompt: Cultural - Culinary Arts: Do you like to cook? Do you search for restaurants that server something special you have never tasted before or for those restaurants that serve your favorite foods made with slightly different recipes? If your answer to any of these questions are yes, you are interested in the culinary arts. What Are the Culinary Arts? defines the culinary arts and gives some detail about everything it involves. What do you think?

         I looked at the website and became immediately convinced I know nothing of the culinary arts. In the definition, it clearly states desserts and baking bread don't count. It specifies look, color, pleasing to the eye, etc. At my house, if you can't stand the look of a little char, don't plan on eating.


         I do like experimenting with herbs and spices. I even discovered recently, you don't want to saute onions in coconut oil, unless you like the taste of coconut with onion. I also discovered that lean ground meat does not make good hamburgers. You must have the fat for moisture and tenderness, unless you mix in something else like veggies or other meat. Lean ground meat is okay for meatballs or stroganoff, or pizza topping, but it makes very chewy, almost leathery burgers.

         My favorite TV cook is Alton Brown. I learn a lot from him. Yet I still have not become the chef that anyone wants to visit.

         Good cooking may be an art form, but I am not an artist.

© Copyright 2022 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1038611-Culinary-Arts