*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039029-Time-in-Ohio
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1039029 added October 10, 2022 at 6:17pm
Restrictions: None
Time in Ohio


I am in Ohio for ten days. My sister and her husband have gone to Florida for a vacation, leaving me to watch our mother for awhile. I used to live here in Mt. Vernon, Ohio for a good junk of my life. It's interesting to return and see the town again.

Matt is now the mayor. He seems to be doing a good job. Things are booming here. Intel Corporation is relocating a factory down the road, with the benefit of bringing people wanting housing.

Mom sold the family home some years ago to live with my sister, then had a series of strokes, so she cannot live by herself. She has a pretty cushy place here in the lower level of a condo, looking out on a golf course. Better than any nursing home, that is for sure. My sister is a retired R.N., so this is a perfect place for mom.

We spend the days reading, doing a puzzle, but the big decision is what to eat for lunch. Then the rest of the day is taken up by me doing computer work and deciding what kind of ice cream to have.

I do have some nursing duties, eye drops and pills. But beyond that, I am just here to make sure my mother is safe and sound.

Soon my time will end and I will fly back to Montana. But each time, mom tears up and says "I don't know if I'll ever see you again." And as I did last time I was here, I will say, "I don't know, maybe you will. Good bye. I love you."


© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039029-Time-in-Ohio