*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039219-Character-Minor-Character-Profiles
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Family · #2281952
A cryptic message leads to the clarity of Life's purpose.
#1039219 added November 3, 2022 at 7:05pm
Restrictions: None
Character: Minor Character Profiles
Friends:


Name: Joseph Barnabas ("Joe") Handsome
Age: 28 years old
Occupation: 5th-grade Elementary teacher
Relation to the main character: Best Friends, since Solomon's freshman year in college
Rough physical description or image: Tall (6',0"), Dark Hair (heavy brunette, but not quite jet black,) nice tan for a man a British descent without a thick accent (mild Received Pronunciation, RP,) wears a gentle, but consistent smile with counselor's eyes, that are warm, while not being intimidating. He really likes Solomon, wants him to succeed, and trudges through the trenches of Solomon's emotional morass from his childhood without being any worse for the wear.


Name: John Charles ("J.C.") Westerling
Age: 55 years old
Occupation: Retired police officer, who is just a few years into his second career of Baptist minister, serving his first church
Relation to the main character: a long-time friend of Solomon's dad, David, who is aware of Solomon's childhood abuse, and is therefore both confidant and counselor to Solomon
Rough physical description or image: Medium height (5',8") with curly salt & pepper hair of biracial background (Father - African descent, Mother - Japanese descent) His personality is warm, but not bubbly. He is serious about Solomon's need for healing, and is therefore supportive to the Nth degree.

Name: Timothy James Golden
Age: 30 years old
Occupation: Physical Therapist
Relation to the main character: Good Friend, via their mutual friend, Joe Handsome
Rough physical description or image: Medium build (5',10"), Blond Hair, Southerner, like Solomon, but Timothy grew up around the Mocassin Bend of the Tennessee River, making him a hometown boy, wears a genuine smile and a buddy demeanor. He likes Solomon, too. He is there for Solomon when his younger friend needs him.

-------------------------------------

Enemies:


Name: Dodgy Whispers (Ephesians 6:12, KJV)
Age: Unknown
Occupation: Dispenser of Personal Torment to his personal assignments
Relation to the main character: The demon, who is assigned to harm Solomon in every possible way. He attached to Solomon during his Mom's first abuse incident when Solomon was too young to remember. Solomon needed an ally against his mother's assaults, and Dodgy became that friend and protector, early on, but it changed into a constant irritant when Solomon sought help to get free from the effects of the abuse.
Rough physical description or image: a wispy, darkish cloud, that follows Solomon around everywhere he goes, but in times of intensity and need, Dodgy becomes an angelic human form with a yellowish, orange glow, that ranged from 4' tall when Solomon was a child to about 6' in height when relating to Solomon, the man.

Name: Betty Draper
Age: 23 years old
Occupation: still a college co-ed
Relation to the main character: She's a bit of a flirt, open to casual kissing, and tries to tempt Solomon off "the straight and narrow" for her own good pleasure.
Rough physical description or image: Shorter than Solomon (5',4"), Dusty Blond Hair, nice tan for a young lady, who was born in the Northeast, finding her way south after high school, wears a sweet, and sultry smile, that is warm enough to accomplish her purposes. She likes Solomon, but really likes what his looks have to offer (in her opinion.)

Name: Jerry Jangles
Age: 24 years old
Occupation: Still a college student
Relation to the main character: He's a frenemy to Solomon because it is his mission in life to prove, that all Christians are phonies.
Rough physical description or image: Medium build (5',8"), Strawberry Blond Hair, porcelain skin, that is light as the clouds on a sunny day, due to the fact, that he is of Scotch-Irish descent with a brogue, which is still quite noticeable, wears a mischievous smile. He really dislikes Solomon and his beliefs but wants to be liked by Solomon so he can get in close enough to trip him in a truth statement.

Jonathan ("Jon") Daniel Cross is Solomon's best friend from childhood. However, Jon still does all the meanness, that he and Solomon used to do together back then. The fact, that Solomon became a Christian, infuriates Jon to the degree of trying to follow Solomon around to slap down and destroy everything, that Solomon creates. He doesn't understand anything about the "so-called Christian walk" as he puts it. Therefore, it becomes his mission in life to prove, that Christians in general, and Solomon in specific are all frauds. "There's nothing to it!" he screams, often. Jon is the kind of guy, that believes, "Christianity is a damned lie!" He tries to prove his belief with every fiber of his being, until his last breath, or until The Lord "knocks him off his high horse," too. (Acts 9:1-9)


by Jay O'Toole
on October 14th, 2022


Here is yet another signature, that has been provided for me by my good friends, WS & GG.
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2022 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039219-Character-Minor-Character-Profiles