*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039418-Day-19-World-Building
Rated: 13+ · Book · Sci-fi · #2281958
To keep all documents relating to the October Preparation Challenge for NaNoWriMo
#1039418 added October 19, 2022 at 1:21pm
Restrictions: None
Day 19: World Building
Idea: What if it was disclosed to the reader that the child corpse was in fact Pain? This would make sense given that Pleasure is also involved in this part of the story. It would considerably defuse the darkness of the story, by making clear that the Devil is tricking Maurice and the police.

Pepper the story with appropriate music being played: Compile a play list. Include this tomorrow.

Decide the exact date that the story starts at, then I can use Mrs. Abner to refer to newspaper stories, letting us know what is going on in the world. Would especially like to mention the Graf Zeppelin.

Philomena is the anima of this story. She therefore will take on elements suggested by my reading of The Archetypes and the Collective Unconscious.

She will like to appear in historic dress, particularly Greek or Egyptian. This would tie in with Hermes from the Egyptian cabinet knowing Philomena.

Mix in some tarot like cards, but with depictions specific to this story. The Devil, his associates and Philomena/Phillip would all appear.

Would like some interesting characters for Philomena's set.

Pip: Almost a younger Philomena, introduced as beautiful, and a thief. What does she steal? Besides young men's heart you mean?

Mrs. Olliphant. Dedicating her life to growing old disgracefully. Apple cheeked, small dark eyes, very wrinkled face. Wears a smoking cap much of the time. Drinks, smokes, tells very rude jokes. Fortune teller - using the distinctive cards. Maurice is 'The Magician'

When Maurice has to follow both Philomena and Phillip, he will very quickly decide how to accomplish this. He will be told if he follows one then he will lose the other, but he must follow both. He will recall Philomena giving him a hint previously, that sometimes you have to follow your head and sometimes your heart.
Maurice realises that normal rules do not apply now, and splits himself into head and heart, head follows Phillip, and Heart follows Philomena.

When making the list of definitions tomorrow, include other acts that are on at the theatre. Some could be real acts from the time. Also include Jago & Litefoot, as a nod to Doctor Who.

The Hermes Trismegistus character could be also a trickster god and the Devil. The idea that I want to express is that, although he has several roles, he is a part of the Theatre of Magic, which is all about an alchemic process to change - Jungian archetypes, blurring and overlapping perhaps
© Copyright 2022 Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness (UN: adherennium at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039418-Day-19-World-Building