*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039420-Day-11-Plot-Rising-Action
Rated: 13+ · Book · Sci-fi · #2281958
To keep all documents relating to the October Preparation Challenge for NaNoWriMo
#1039420 added October 19, 2022 at 2:22pm
Restrictions: None
Day 11. Plot: Rising Action
When Maurice follows Phillip/Philomena to the bar, he finds that she is once again Philomena, confirming his suspicion that they are one and the same. He is full of questions about what just happened. He is a little bit frightened of her. He is unsure how much of what she tells him is true, but cannot find any rational explanation for what he saw on stage.

Philomena offers the usual disclaimer that the Theatre of Magic is 'For Madmen only'. Maurice protests that he isn't a madman, and Philomena agrees, "Yet!"

Need to clarify order of events.

Philomena visits Maurice at his home, so that Mrs. Abner can try and matchmake.

Philomena invites Maurice to go spend a weekend with her. He initially refuses. Mrs. Abner works on him. A policeman, (actually Feast in the role), visits Maurice about the 'dead child' this upsets Maurice, and when he next sees Philomena he accepts her invitation.

Philomena wants Maurice to help her investigate the mysterious lights. He is reluctant to do so, because he is wary about spending time alone with her. Maurice is finding Philomena very attractive, and worries that he is falling for her.

When Philomena and Phillip go their different directions, Maurice is drawn into the play on the police story with Philip, and into a romance with Philomena. The two meet up at the climax where Maurice realises that he is not his father. This puts him in a position to further explore the Theatre of Magic, although he realises that he has in fact been participating since he first met Philomena. He ponders the implications of this.
© Copyright 2022 Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness (UN: adherennium at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039420-Day-11-Plot-Rising-Action