*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039612-Tree-of-Knowledge-of-Good-and-Evil
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1039612 added October 23, 2022 at 9:26pm
Restrictions: None
Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil
And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die (Genesis 2:16–17).

God doesn't do anything by accident. It begs the question, though; why did God put the tree of the knowledge of good and evil into the garden? My opinion is this: God gave them free choice - just as He gives us free choice. If there isn't the ability to be disobedient, is there really free choice?

Each of us has the choice to be obedient, or disobedient - that's the price of free choice. We need to realize that our choices do have consequences. Just as when Adam and Eve ate from the tree and were cast out from the garden; so when we choose to disregard God's laws - we too will have consequences. Maybe not right this second, but the saying "What goes around, comes around" will make itself known.

Just my opinion.

prompt
Why do you think God placed the Tree of Knowledge of good and evil in the Garden of Eden if he didn't want man to eat from it?
Written for Take Up Your Cross

** Image ID #2283465 Unavailable **
AmyJo

© Copyright 2022 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039612-Tree-of-Knowledge-of-Good-and-Evil