*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039796-Antichrist-or-anti-Christian
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2257228
Tales from real life
#1039796 added November 8, 2022 at 6:11pm
Restrictions: None
Antichrist or anti-Christian?

Fires, floods, droughts, and hurricanes. Pandemic, mass murder, insurrection, and election fraud. Lies, insults, corruption, and greed. All of these are the legacy of the Trump administration. Is it just the sad, but normal result of venal human nature? An inevitable but purely natural result of climate change? A lemming-like response to overpopulation? Or are these things a punishment inflicted on America for turning away from God to worship Donald Trump?

Perhaps the answer is simply yes. All of these may be true to some extent. It's known that God helps those who help themselves. It may also be true that God doesn't save those who heedlessly seek their own destruction. Is it a punishment or just tough love when God leaves us to fend for ourselves?

I was discussing this topic with a friend recently. We were shaking our heads at the self-centered focus of modern culture. We specifically wondered what had happened to the stewardship of conservatives like Teddy Roosevelt (trustbuster and creator of the national park system). We noted that old-fashioned words like duty, honor, and public service are no longer included in the conservative vocabulary.

My friend sighed and said, "It seems like we're already living in the end times."

"That would explain a lot," I replied with a sudden flash of inspiration. "What if all of the actual Christians in the world have already been taken up to heaven in the rapture? That's why they don't speak out against Trumpism. There's nobody left on the religious right except for televangicals and the cult of Trump. The bible says that we don't know the hour when these things will happen. Would we even know that it had happened? It's not like a huge number of us are saintly enough to qualify for the rapture."

"So, we've been left behind?" My friend laughed at the idea, but I'm not so sure that I was joking.

Are these the end times? Could Donald Trump really be the Antichrist? Or is he merely anti-Christian? He was held up as a divine being at a conservative event this week and the audience cheered. One of the featured speakers believes that a woman can be impregnated with demon-sperm (neither Eric Trump nor Don Jr. have contradicted her). Another speaker put a curse on Trump's enemies, invoking the 'angel of death' to punish the disloyal. That kind of satanic stuff would have gotten them burned at the stake in old Salem. It elicited roars of approval from the Trumper crowd. If they believe in witchcraft, then maybe we should seriously consider the possibility that this failed, one-term ex-president really is an emissary of Satan.

To help you make up your mind, here are a few documented contrasts between Trumpism and Christianity:

Christianity teaches that lust is a sin. Trumpism teaches that "If you're a celebrity, they have to let you do it."

Serious Christians take vows of poverty, charity, and chastity. Devoted Trumpers enjoy the sins of greed, anger, envy, and pride at every rally.

Jesus told the people to pay their taxes, "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's." Trumpism says "tax evasion is just good business."

Christianity commands "Thou shalt not kill." Trumpism says "I could shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters."

Jesus said to forgive a trespass seventy-seven times. Trumpism shouts "Hang Mike Pence!"

Christianity inspires us to be our best selves. Trumpism excuses our base impulses.

Jesus fed the crowd with loaves and fishes. Trumpism begs the crowd for nickels & dimes.

Jesus said "Suffer the little children to come unto me." Trumpism takes children away from refugee parents and makes them orphans.

Christianity teaches that the truth will set you free. Trumpism hides behind the big lie.

Jesus said, "turn the other cheek." Trumpism says "hit back harder."

The central teaching of Christianity is self-sacrifice, "even unto death on a cross." The central theme of Trumpism is "what's in it for me."


© Copyright 2022 Words Whirling 'Round (UN: tgifisher77 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Words Whirling 'Round has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039796-Antichrist-or-anti-Christian