*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
16
17
18
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039800-The-Moonlight-Sonata
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2264475
Random Writing, Blogs and Adventures
#1039800 added October 26, 2022 at 11:04pm
Restrictions: None
The Moonlight Sonata
I received a question about my last entry asking me what Writing Roulette was. It a playful way to describe the random forms of writing that readers wind up viewing when coming to view a new entry here. So far it has been mostly journal entries with a couple of poems, reviews and short stories mixed in.

Tonight's entry is another journal though the theme knocks off one of the topics on my October writing list. I wanted to do at least one Halloween themed entry before the 31st. I was originally going to write a Werewolf themed Poem to cover that topic but as I was drafting the imagery for that poem it made me think the eerie melody of the Moonlight sonata which seemed like it deserved its own entry.

The Moonlight Sonata was written by the classic composer Beethoven. It is one of his most famous pieces of music. The slow haunting melody of the first movement is beautiful and unsettling. Because of its dark tone, it is often played in connection with Halloween

I first heard the Moonlight Sonata being played as part horror series Goosebumps. The episode it was featured in was called "Piano lessons can be murder". It fit the title and genre of the episode perfectly.

If you haven't heard the this piece played before, you can listen below. Be warned... this is one of those pieces that will stick with you forever. You won't be able to unhear it or rid it from your mind afterwards...



If you've seen my Notebook (https://www.writing.com/main/profile/notebook/kingscastle1), you'll see that I have an ongoing series of Moon Themed trinkets available and each of them has a moon related melody attached to it. Surprisingly the Moonlight Sonata hasn't featured in any of the ones I have made let. I plan to make one in the future. If anyone can recommend a good moon image that would go with it let me know. In the meantime please accept this substitute Moon Trinket for making it through this entry.



Ok everyone that is all for today. More writing to come soon. *Smile*
-*ChessRookB*
a signature image


© Copyright 2022 KingsSideCastle (UN: kingscastle1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KingsSideCastle has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039800-The-Moonlight-Sonata