*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039878-Professional-Eliminators---During-an-Elimination
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Sci-fi · #2282443
Someone was out to get her. Collina wanted to know who it was and why they were doing it.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1039878 added October 28, 2022 at 10:40pm
Restrictions: None
Professional Eliminators - During an Elimination

Professional Eliminators:
“During An Elimination”


My Fourth Short Story

Written By

SpaceFaction


     Haalain flattened his palms against the lower edge of a flat thin piece of what looked like metal that extended from the middle of each ear to the other ear. It looked like a head covering. Except for the two thin appearing wires coming out of the ends of those extensions. Extensions that ended against the back a large flat floating circular metal appearing disk pointing at a large residence Haalain could barely see below him.

     After a loud screaking sound came out of those extensions, Haalain fell back in the chair he was sitting in behind the metal disk in front of him. Bringing that disk with him. “She is there. I’m not sure if she has eliminated him or not, but I don’t think she has.”

     “Probably one of those protecting him. How many Professional Eliminators does he have protecting him?” Haalian asked.

     “He’s like most of our eliminations, he doesn’t have any Eliminators,” came a voice of Wiikom from the other side of the extension just above the wire there. “He only has six Professional Protectors protecting him.”

     Haalian pushed his body forward to position himself in a sitting position again. He started looking at that residence once more. “If they are Protectors instead of Eliminators, she isn’t going to eliminate them. She won’t do that unless she needs to do it.”

     “What I just heard must have been her trying to eliminate him,” said the voice of Wiikom. “It didn’t happen often, but it did happen every once in a while.”

     “It’s not like her to miss an elimination the first time,” continued Wiikom. “Maybe something happened to stop her from doing it. One of the Protectors may have shown up to stop her and got in the way.”

     Haalian listening the residence below with that metal disk shook his head sadly from side to side very slowly. “What I just heard sounded like it was coming from where he was, but with so much other noise down there I can’t tell if he has been eliminated or not.”

     “Keep your eyes and ears open Haalian,” came the voice of Wiikom. “If he has been eliminated, she will leaving there soon.”

     “I will see her no matter where she comes out of that residence” responded Haalian. “Will contact you as soon as I see her.”

     Haalian looked into the Wooded Area behind him. “I think she will be coming this way. After all, the nearest Open Area in this Wooded Area is behind me.”

     “Are you sure about that?” The voice of Wiikom asked. “She could just use her Personal Transporter to get away from here.”

     “No, she won’t. She doesn’t like to do that,” said Haalian. “She’s worried that someone will find out where she goes after an elimination.”

     The voice of Wiikom started to almost whisper. “That’s why we are here. To find out what happens to her when she’s finished with an elimination.”

     “I don’t understand,” said Haalian. “If we are only here to watch where she goes, then why do we need eight other Professional Eliminators here with us?”

     “Because of whom she is,” answered Wiikom. “We don’t want to eliminate her, but if that’s what needs to be done then that’s what we will do.”

     Just then a low beeping sound started coming the back of the metal disk. Haalain tapped where the sound was coming from. It stopped beeping. “She’s leaving now.”

     “Is she headed toward us?” The voice of Wiikom asked.

     “No, she isn’t. She’s heading out the left side of this residence,” answered Haalain.

     Haalain picked up his Long Weapon. Using his Long Tube on top of it, Haalain could see her. At first, he was just looking for her. Then suddenly, he stopped looking. “I see her now. She’s headed toward where Bonna is.”

     “Bonna, do you see her?” The voice of Wiikom asked.

     “No, not yet I don’t.” A few seconds later Bonna continued. “Wait, I can see her now. I don’t think she has seen me yet.”

     Haalain continued to use his Long Tube and kept his eyes on her too as she started walking through that Wooded Area. “I don’t understand. Why isn’t she heading for the Open Area? Where is she going?”

     “Probably is still heading for the Open Area,” said the Voice of Wiikom. “She’s just being careful about it. Instead of a direct shot like we thought she was going to go, she’s going there indirectly.”

     “Bonna, let her pass you. Don’t let her see you,” said Wiikom. “Then follow her, but at a safe distance. We don’t want her to see us.”

     Haalain tried to follow her as she walked through that Wooded Area. From the way she was moving, it appeared she might had been heading for the Open Area after all. She was just going the long way around to get there for some reason. “Maybe she knows we are here. That would explain why she is heading for the Open Area from a different direction.”

     “I don’t think she knows we are here, but I don’t care whether she does or not. All I care about is where she’s heading after she leaves here,” said the voice of Wiikom.

     “We may have a big problem,” said Haalain. “It looks to me like Bommi is getting too close to her. If she doesn’t slow down a lot, she will be seen.”

     The voice of Wiikim must not had known what to say since he didn’t say anything for about a minute. “Bommi, is this true? Are you following her too closely? I know your relationship to her. Do you want to be seen by her?”

     “Bommi, just follow her. We are only here to find out where she goes after her eliminations,” said Wiikom. “Any personal problems you have with her will need to wait.”

     “That might be why you are here, but that isn’t why I’m here. It has nothing to do with my personal problems with her,” said Bommi. “Maybe that’s why I’m here and maybe it’s not, but I’m going to eliminate her.”

     Just then Haalain heard a faint sound that sounded like a red glowing ball coming out of the front of a Long Weapon. A few seconds later a slightly louder screaming sound started. “I think that Bommi has just eliminated Pennole.”


Word Count = 1,059







© Copyright 2022 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039878-Professional-Eliminators---During-an-Elimination