*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1040151-Wine-Ding-Road
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#1040151 added November 2, 2022 at 11:20am
Restrictions: None
Wine Ding Road
I was halfway to Atlantic City yesterday when I got a phone call from my insurance company.

I called them back (after pulling into a gas station of course), using my neat new phone-car link feature for the first time.

"So we couldn't add your new car to the policy last week because we got the VIN wrong."

Why are you telling me this now, when I'm 150 miles away from home?

We got that straightened out, but if I'd known the car wasn't insured, I'd have driven a lot more carefully up to that point.

On the way, I stopped by Balić Winery   which, as I noted earlier, was the primary reason for my trip. It's one of the places with non-grape wines, featured on Gastro Obscura, that I wanted to try. The owner himself was running the tasting counter, and I was the only one there, so we got to talking.

"How did you hear about us?" he asked.

Oh, I saw an article on Gastro Obscura.

"Who?"

Part of Atlas Obscura?

"Never heard of it."

Well, whatever. They had some standard grape wines too, and everything I tried was exceptionally good.

So I bought a case of mixed bottles.

Don't look at me like that. Their pricing is very reasonable for such excellent product.

Having fulfilled the entire purpose of my journey, I had absolutely nothing else to do.

Just kidding. I found something to do in Atlantic City. And today I'll be visiting local breweries.

© Copyright 2022 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1040151-Wine-Ding-Road