*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1040248-November--The-Spiritual-Challenge
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1040248 added November 12, 2022 at 8:26pm
Restrictions: None
November- The Spiritual Challenge
Month: November 2022: Weeks 44-47

Week 44: Read and Remember: Ephesians 1:16

Some days are harder than others. This is when your list comes in handy -- and why it's important to have a list! On the days you need help, read and be reminded of your gifts.

2 Challenges:


Challenge 1. Spend a few moments rereading the gifts you wrote, which gifts stand out to you? How do you feel after reading them through?



When I write, my plan is to be an encouragement to others. There are days that I am not "feeling it", but I still want to try to show a positive spin on what I am going through. Encouraging others in their journey is just something that I like to do. I may not be able to "fix" something; more times than not I can't. But I want people to know that they are heard and seen.

Challenge 2. Make a game plan for the discouraging or disappointing days that will inevitably come. How will you set your mind on gratitude, even when you don't feel grateful?

I've had several of those days, believe me. But rather than wallow in misery, I try to see a positive spin. Sometimes, I need to just "take a nap" to recharge; other times, I start writing. Or I start reviewing, and when I give reviews, I focus on the good that I see. I find that encouraging others also encourages me.

Week 45: Give Thanks Out Loud: Revelation 7:11&12

11 All the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures. They fell down on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, 12 saying:

“Amen!
Praise and glory
and wisdom and thanks and honor
and power and strength
be to our God for ever and ever.
Amen!”

You might know something in your mind, but it becomes tangible and sticks with you when you write it down, the same can be said for repeating something out loud.

2 Challenges:


Challenge 1. Spend a few moments reading out loud the gifts you've written down so far. How did reading them out loud affect your mindset and your mood?

I think being able to speak aloud my gifts encourages me not only to use them, but to remember they were given to me for a reason. Gifts are meant to be shared and given away. That is what makes them gifts.

Challenge 2. Did you think of more gifts doing the process? Write them down -- and say them out loud too!


I don't have a whole lot of gifts, but the encouraging others I think, is my strongest gift.


Week 46: Give Thanks Before Others: Revelation 4: 9-11

Now that you've written it down and said them out loud now it is time to make it real for others. Tell him or her or a few or many people you know a reason or even several reasons why you're grateful and be sure to write in here as we will so it will bless everyone! You, the people you tell and writing in here for the rest of us to be blessed too.

This year, especially, I am grateful to be alive and able to share my faith with others; also to be an encouragement to others. I try to have a positive spin on things, even when it looks bleak and hopeless.

2 Challenges:


Challenge 1. What are your thoughts about expressing your gratitude to someone else ~ I mean in person, it is easy to do so in here on paper (internet) Are you hesitant or eager? Why do you think you this either way to do so in person?
I am pretty much who I am, whether in person or online. You get whatcha see, and see whatcha get, ya know? LOL
I like to pray with others, and to share with others. It's a little harder to do in person, right now, still recovering from surgery; but my faith seems to be getting stronger.


Challenge 2. Do you have someone you can share your thoughts and feelings with? Do you know how you want to share your thoughtful heart? Write it down here like writing first, like you're writing a letter. No, you don't need to be formal; just describe why you're grateful.


I have a few good friends that I am able to talk to and to pray with. It's awesome to be able to do that. It encourages me as well. Iron sharpens iron.
Proverbs 27:17
New International Version
17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another
.

Week 47: Learn Others' Needs: James 1:27

Compassion is at the heart of God's will for you. It's also a compass, pointing you back to gratitude.

2 Challenges:


Challenge 1. How do you typically handle a season of discouragement or despair?

It can be easy to focus on being in a slump, or pit. But the focus needs to be on Jesus and what he has done for us. Without that, what's even the point? We are saved and renewed by His grace. And when we forget, we need only to reach out to our brothers/sisters in Christ, to hopefully get our focus back where it needs to be.

Challenge 2. How might focusing on others' needs redirect your thinking back toward gratitude?



To realize that, for the grace of God, go I...To always have a heart that is compassionate for others, but to encourage, and help lift them up. And if nothing else, to fervently pray that God's blessings will be restored onto those who are in despair, or feel hopeless.

signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2022 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1040248-November--The-Spiritual-Challenge