*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1040394-Nothing-So-Far-Today-on-My-Novel
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2242131
There is a lot within me Other Than Scriptwriting. This blog is devoted to those stories.
#1040394 added November 7, 2022 at 11:49pm
Restrictions: None
Nothing So Far Today on My Novel
Nothing So Far Today on My Novel


Unfortunately, today has been a very typical first day off from work. But it’s not completely my fault. Well, in a way, it is all my fault. I will try to explain. If there is anything to explain. The day itself was very normal for a Monday. It’s what happened about a half hour ago that I’m writing is not my fault, or it is that it is my fault.

Today has been very normal for my brother and me. It all started early this morning. And it didn’t get finished until almost the time I was planning on getting a little bit more down on the novel, Professional Eliminators, that I’m working on this month for NaNoWriMo. Unfortunately, I haven’t had the chance to do any more writing on this novel today so far.

That’s where ‘my fault’ and ‘not my fault’ comes in. I thought that my laptop had crashed again. And I spent almost half an hour panicking about that happening. That is the ‘not my fault’ part about what happened to me today. The ‘my fault’ is that I was wrong about it crashing again. That’s the good news. It’s the bad news that makes it ‘my fault.’

I thought that I closed my laptop when I went to sleep last night. But apparently, I didn’t. and it took me about a half hour to figure that out. The half-hour that I was going to use for working on my novel for this year. I knew I wouldn’t get too much writing done in a half-hour. But I may have gotten enough to finish part three of this chapter.

As a result, of ‘my fault’ I haven’t been able to get any more writing done on this novel. Luckily, I figured out what was wrong before I missed another blogging day. I was about to go on my cell phone and try to do a quick blog entry about my laptop going down. And that I didn’t know when I was going to be getting back online again.

It would have been hard for me to do that on my cell phone. That’s why it would have been a short blog entry. But I think that I could have done it with full access to WDC. I probably would have had to do it on the text box window freehand. That would have meant I didn’t have a backup copy of it on my laptop.

Of course, that wouldn’t have been a problem if my laptop had crashed. Supposedly, I have this all in The Cloud now whether I want it there or not. But I don’t want to test that theory. Luckily, I don’t need to do that this time. Hopefully, I will never have to find out if that’s the truth or not. But sooner or later I probably will.







© Copyright 2022 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1040394-Nothing-So-Far-Today-on-My-Novel