*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1040414-The-First-Snow
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1040414 added November 8, 2022 at 2:41pm
Restrictions: None
The First Snow


First of the season - snow that is. So we got about 2 inches of snow last night. Nice, light fluffy snow. And cold. The high today will be about 20°. But then it is November and it has been cold and snowy many weeks before this in the past. We welcome the snow, the cold? Grumble and complain. We are in Montana so why do we?

So many disappointments today. The artist to work on the never-ending remodel cancelled, again. The tires for the car never made it on the truck for delivery to the garage. Maybe tomorrow. I went to work on a computer at the thrift store where I volunteer. I couldn't accomplish what I went there for. Arrggh. I went to another shop to deliver paperwork for a charity event coming up. Asked a simple question, got a curt reply when a simple polite answer would've sufficed.

My afternoon may be spent playing games on the computer. Or reading. Perhaps reading would be the better choice.

I am reading 'The Sentence' by Louise Erdrich. So many ways that title is going. Such a good read, as are all her books.

And so the long dark winter is starting. I still have potatoes to dig. But now under their blanket of snow, they'll be snug for a few more days.

© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1040414-The-First-Snow